STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 20, 2019, 10:15:52 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 81 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 349763 times)
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #300 on: December 31, 2015, 04:24:12 PM »

Well it's not too Thomas related, but I'd like to wish everyone a happy and healthy new year!

I agree. Let's just home that in 2016 we get of course Oliver and Toad who some reason have been delayed with their releases, but also we get some new Locomotives, Rolling Stock and hopefully a good expansion on the Narrow Gauge range!
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #301 on: December 31, 2015, 08:17:28 PM »

It's 2016! Last year, well yesterday (UK time zone), I filmed another video of my Hornby J13 Class GNR Locomotive with a Hornby Thomas Face fitted, that I have called Alex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBGIFRYCXmI/!

Please post you thoughts about this below. Thank you.
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 31, 2015, 08:55:30 PM »

Cherrio!!!!!!!!!! right on mate!!an other fine video,If I do say!!
LOSING MY GRIP,
UPTODAY

UPTODAY
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #303 on: December 31, 2015, 09:02:29 PM »

Cherrio!!!!!!!!!! right on mate!!an other fine video,If I do say!!
LOSING MY GRIP,
UPTODAY

I have loads more videos to come yet! I am doing every Thomas & Friends Locomotive!

Are my videos really that bad that you are losing your grip?
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 31, 2015, 09:10:27 PM »

HI everyone,I am losing my grip about what to do with my new layout.I feel like a woman in a shoe store!!!
I am probably going to regret that remark,no offense ladies!!!
UPTODAY

UPTODAY
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #305 on: December 31, 2015, 09:12:47 PM »

HI everyone,I am losing my grip about what to do with my new layout.I feel like a woman in a shoe store!!!
I am probably going to regret that remark,no offense ladies!!!
UPTODAY

Now that is funny UPTODAY! Dear, oh dear! Clearly in this case, you can't decide what shoes too buy, or in this case you don't know what to do with your new layout!
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #306 on: January 01, 2016, 10:18:11 AM »

Here is my next Test Run Video. This one is Hornby Thomas pulling Hornby Annie and Clarabel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ50YOUDRE4/.

Please post you thoughts about it below. Thank you.
Rickenbacker 325

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 01, 2016, 01:20:16 PM »

Not trying to be an admin or anything but this is the Bachmann Thomas & Friends forum... Not Hornby. So lets only talk about Bachmann here.
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 01, 2016, 01:27:20 PM »

Boy,I can see a lot of different things between Bachmann and Hornby!nice video!I also like the pile of boxes,is that HORNBY MOUNTIAN?Huh?
STILL LOSING IT!
UPTODAY

UPTODAY
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 01, 2016, 01:40:23 PM »

Not trying to be an admin or anything but this is the Bachmann Thomas & Friends forum... Not Hornby. So lets only talk about Bachmann here.
Whilst your point is valid, this is a topic called "The Everything Thomas Thread" and often both ranges do get talked about, however your point is at least valid in one sense, a little bit is ok I guess, but I guess there is a certain point where we should stick back to Bachmann for a while, I'll say that much.

Completely different topic here, but I might be moving house at the end of this brand new year, and I finally might be able to set up a layout again. Nothing is official just yet, but with any luck I might be able to set one up. Now, being the person I am, I like to think these things through a bit before I begin putting the layout together, even if it's still many months away at the earliest, I still like to think about the possibilities for what I could do. For a bit of context, realistically I think I'll be looking around 4x6 feet or around 5x8 feet, it depends on where I move to (personal story about why, and I'm not here to discuss that). Now I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for what to use on it? I have thought about perhaps making a harbour yard for some of it, but again, if anyone has any suggestions, they would be much appreciated, as it will give me a lot to think about Smiley

~Alex
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 01, 2016, 01:56:31 PM »

Sorry ,rickenbacker,we got carried away with the Hornby range.love to get back to Bachmann now.This is my first Thomas & Friends layout,and I am having alot of
fun building it.My
Bachmann ez track 44594 x4 are on back order.I have a $500.00 list of locos and wagons to order also!
UPTODAY

UPTODAY
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #311 on: January 01, 2016, 02:06:55 PM »

Boy,I can see a lot of different things between Bachmann and Hornby!nice video!I also like the pile of boxes,is that HORNBY MOUNTIAN?Huh?
STILL LOSING IT!
UPTODAY

Thank you. No, it's not a scenery. Hornby Mountain is not going to be permanent! The Class 150 EMU, LMS Loco, Bachmann LMS Maroon Coaches are my dad's. He is testing them, while my layout is waiting to be fitted in my bedroom, currently it is in the dinning room on the table. The Hornby liveried 0-4-0, and Year Wagon's are mine however. I have a lot of Locomotives and Rolling Stock is from the Thomas & Friends ranges.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 02:08:51 PM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 01, 2016, 04:28:50 PM »

Whilst your point is valid, this is a topic called "The Everything Thomas Thread" and often both ranges do get talked about, however your point is at least valid in one sense, a little bit is ok I guess, but I guess there is a certain point where we should stick back to Bachmann for a while, I'll say that much.

Technically, there is nothing wrong with talking about other ranges on the forum, but there are boundaries such as not comparing the two ranges or saying one range or model is better than the other.  This is generally not allowed here since this is an official Bachmann Trains forum and representatives from other ranges cannot speak for themselves here.  Same can also be said for putting down either range or calling Hornby something along the lines of "H company" or "red box company".  

Completely different topic here, but I might be moving house at the end of this brand new year, and I finally might be able to set up a layout again. Nothing is official just yet, but with any luck I might be able to set one up. Now, being the person I am, I like to think these things through a bit before I begin putting the layout together, even if it's still many months away at the earliest, I still like to think about the possibilities for what I could do. For a bit of context, realistically I think I'll be looking around 4x6 feet or around 5x8 feet, it depends on where I move to (personal story about why, and I'm not here to discuss that). Now I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for what to use on it? I have thought about perhaps making a harbour yard for some of it, but again, if anyone has any suggestions, they would be much appreciated, as it will give me a lot to think about Smiley

~Alex

If you are unsure of where to start, I would check one of your local hobby shops to see if there are any track-planning books available since I used something like this for my layout before too.  There are plenty of track plans that would be ideal for what you are looking for from what I have seen so I think it can help with coming up with creative ideas for your layout.  As far as what you would like to put on your layout location wise I think that decision should come from you since this is your own personal layout.  Like what people have said at shows I go to: "Your model railroad, your rules". Smiley
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 04:34:08 PM by Chaz » Logged
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 01, 2016, 04:47:57 PM »

AJW98,Do you have SALTY for your harbor scene?I had to buy the Bachmann Set to get him,he is sold out singly.
UPTODAY

UPTODAY
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #314 on: January 01, 2016, 05:10:35 PM »

AJW98,Do you have SALTY for your harbor scene?I had to buy the Bachmann Set to get him,he is sold out singly.
UPTODAY

I have Bachmann Salty. Please do not count me on this, but I do not think Alex (AJW98Productions) has Bachmann Salty. He Messages me daily, and we have spoken about what we own and I can't ever remembering him telling me if he owns Salty.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 81 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: