STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 18, 2019, 11:04:00 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 80 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 340452 times)
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: January 02, 2016, 01:45:29 AM »

AJW98,Do you have SALTY for your harbor scene?I had to buy the Bachmann Set to get him,he is sold out singly.
UPTODAY
I do own Salty actually, he is not a perfect model but he is definitely one of my favourites by Bachmann, I think I actually got Salty before I got Henry Lips Sealed for some reason my local train shops rarely had Henry in stock at the time.

And yes Chaz, you put the part about comparisons etc better than I could've put it. And thanks for the advice Smiley

~Alex
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #316 on: January 02, 2016, 05:08:32 AM »

AJW98,Do you have SALTY for your harbor scene?I had to buy the Bachmann Set to get him,he is sold out singly.
UPTODAY
I do own Salty actually, he is not a perfect model but he is definitely one of my favourites by Bachmann, I think I actually got Salty before I got Henry Lips Sealed for some reason my local train shops rarely had Henry in stock at the time.

And yes Chaz, you put the part about comparisons etc better than I could've put it. And thanks for the advice Smiley

~Alex

I never you had Salty, Alex. I am interested why you bought Salty before Henry!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 05:38:27 AM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 02, 2016, 05:14:24 AM »

At the time, Henry was more than I could afford, Salty was at a discounted price, and the store was running low on stock of Bachmann's "M" Open Wagon and Salt Van, so I instead got Salty as well as the Salt Van and "M" Open Wagon, also their stocks of Henry were often low, but nevertheless I got Henry a few months after Salty.

~Alex
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #318 on: January 02, 2016, 05:42:07 AM »

At the time, Henry was more than I could afford, Salty was at a discounted price, and the store was running low on stock of Bachmann's "M" Open Wagon and Salt Van, so I instead got Salty as well as the Salt Van and "M" Open Wagon, also their stocks of Henry were often low, but nevertheless I got Henry a few months after Salty.

~Alex

This mist have been a while ago then, as those two Wagon's have been discontinued for about three or four years now. The 'M' Open Wagon was called the 6 Ton Wagon. I wish I bought it and the Salt Wagon, but I don't have either of them. I never managed to get them, and it looks like I never will. Cry
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 02, 2016, 06:21:26 AM »

Both the 6 ton wagon and the salt wagon are listed on eBay right now.  I would say that's your best bet at finding them.
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #320 on: January 02, 2016, 06:28:19 AM »

Both the 6 ton wagon and the salt wagon are listed on eBay right now.  I would say that's your best bet at finding them.

I am a UK resident and postage will probably be high. Nevertheless, I will check those listings out.

UPDATE: I cannot find those listing at all Chaz. I searched on eBay.co.uk and eBay.com. Please can you send me the links for them? Thank you in advanced.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 06:35:01 AM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 02, 2016, 07:16:43 AM »

This mist have been a while ago then, as those two Wagon's have been discontinued for about three or four years now. The 'M' Open Wagon was called the 6 Ton Wagon. I wish I bought it and the Salt Wagon, but I don't have either of them. I never managed to get them, and it looks like I never will. Cry
From memory, I purchased them back in late-ish 2010 I think, so it was before all those items were discontinued (if memory serves me correctly at least).

I haven't checked the shipping rates but I found a listing of a 6 Ton Wagon here: http://m.ebay.com/itm/Ho-scale-Bachmann-Thomas-and-friends-train-Deluxe-6-Ton-Wagon-/391354754027?nav=SEARCH
And one of a Salt Wagon (Van) here: http://m.ebay.com/itm/Ho-scale-Bachmann-Thomas-and-friends-train-Deluxe-Salt-Wagon-/391354762693?nav=SEARCH
Those listings are just the result of a quick search though, I haven't looked over them thoroughly as such.

~Alex
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #322 on: January 02, 2016, 07:21:26 AM »

From memory, I purchased them back in late-ish 2010 I think, so it was before all those items were discontinued (if memory serves me correctly at least).

I haven't checked the shipping rates but I found a listing of a 6 Ton Wagon here: http://m.ebay.com/itm/Ho-scale-Bachmann-Thomas-and-friends-train-Deluxe-6-Ton-Wagon-/391354754027?nav=SEARCH
And one of a Salt Wagon (Van) here: http://m.ebay.com/itm/Ho-scale-Bachmann-Thomas-and-friends-train-Deluxe-Salt-Wagon-/391354762693?nav=SEARCH
Those listings are just the result of a quick search though, I haven't looked over them thoroughly as such.

~Alex

That sounds about right they where discontinued.

They seem cheap, but I have feeling postage will be ridiculous. That's the part I am concerned about.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 02, 2016, 03:03:46 PM »

Thank you Alex, those are the auctions I was referring to.   Upon checking again though, it looks like at the seller does not do international shipping. All the same, eBay or some train shows are the best way to find discontinued products, it's really just a matter of checking regularly and finding something that works out.
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 02, 2016, 03:09:17 PM »

Brendam Docks will be on one corner of my new layout.There is a water feature there and I would like to have CRANKY there and a cargo ship.I have looked for
HO scale cargo ships,no luck,any ideas?Huh???
STILL HAVING FUN!!!
UPTODAY

UPTODAY
TheJJ

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 02, 2016, 03:10:11 PM »

In response to AJW98, I always liked Elsbridge and always thoughts that would be cool to have for a layout, but I've also loved the idea of Brendam Docks as well. But if I ever had the resources what I'd love to make the most is Duck's branchline, I love how it goes by the beach, that'd be harder to do, but there are some more ideas. However with the buildings and such that Bachmann have released Maithwaite is a beautifully done station! Hope that helps!

Edit: But in another note if you want to include the narrow gauge engines in the thought process. I've always liked the part in the forest they pass with the little fence (sorry, can't remember if that has a name) and the sheds the engines primarily used in season 4 as the standard gauge ran right beside itm
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 03:15:41 PM by JJ96 » Logged
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #326 on: January 02, 2016, 03:58:35 PM »

Thank you Alex, those are the auctions I was referring to.   Upon checking again though, it looks like at the seller does not do international shipping. All the same, eBay or some train shows are the best way to find discontinued products, it's really just a matter of checking regularly and finding something that works out.

I noticed that too about the no International Shipping so I can't get that. I also noticed the seller the Flatcar Car with Paint Drums and the Cattle Wagon which I also want. It looks like I will never get them.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 02, 2016, 04:27:56 PM »

Again, it's a matter of checking consistently to see when the next auction will be posted. It's like what I said to a few people who were obsessing over wanting Gordon's coaches to come back, you would be surprised with what you might find if you keep checking or looking at various stores online.  If not, there are alternatives from Bachmann UK that you can look into that are pretty nice. 
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #328 on: January 02, 2016, 05:10:44 PM »

Again, it's a matter of checking consistently to see when the next auction will be posted. It's like what I said to a few people who were obsessing over wanting Gordon's coaches to come back, you would be surprised with what you might find if you keep checking or looking at various stores online.  If not, there are alternatives from Bachmann UK that you can look into that are pretty nice. 

I would prefer to get the Thomas & Friends items though. I hope they get brought back. When you say people want Gordon's Coaches to come back, are you talking about the Bachammn ones or Hornby's?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 07:29:18 PM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 02, 2016, 06:08:15 PM »

I was referring to the Bachmann Gordon's coaches.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 80 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: