STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 18, 2019, 10:59:26 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 80 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 340437 times)
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: January 03, 2016, 08:35:15 PM »

So sorry,I did not see the roadbed,all I saw was the grey paint.I will have my eyes checked soon,no joke,and no more mountain jokes.
I will come up with something else to pick on!
humbly yours,UPTODAY

UPTODAY
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #346 on: January 03, 2016, 08:38:20 PM »

So sorry,I did not see the roadbed,all I saw was the grey paint.I will have my eyes checked soon,no joke,and no more mountain jokes.
I will come up with something else to pick on!
humbly yours,UPTODAY

It's fine UPTODAY. Yes, the grey paint is to represent ballast. I am sure you will come up with some new jokes because to the Bachmann Trains Forum, you officially know as The Joker or The Riddler! I have already had a series of Lavender / Purple Brake Van and Hornby Mountain jokes given too me, so lord knows what jokes you will have next!
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 03, 2016, 08:43:21 PM »

Hi everyone,no one answered my question about ho scale cargo ships.I guess Im on my own?
UPTODAY

UPTODAY
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #348 on: January 03, 2016, 08:45:09 PM »

Hi everyone,no one answered my question about ho scale cargo ships.I guess Im on my own?
UPTODAY

I have never came across any HO Gauge or OO Gauge ships before. What sort of ship are you looking for? Are you after some sort of plastic kit or diecast model?
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 03, 2016, 08:54:41 PM »

hi everyone,on the tv series i saw a cargo or lumber ship at Brendam docks,a wood ship with cranes and a pointed bow.I found a model like this at Sylvan models,
it is $195.00!!,thats not going to happen.Probably have to settle for something else.
UPTODAY

UPTODAY
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 03, 2016, 11:08:32 PM »

UPTODAY
Unfortunately HO/OO cargo ships are not a very common sight, they are usually more common in scales closer to N scale, mainly for the fact that otherwise, the ships would be so very large. I mean when one thinks about how big these kinds of ships are in real life, any HO/OO ship would be so large that they would easily dwarf any HO/OO engine model.

As for your more recent question, I don't recall seeing that cargo ship at Brendam Docks, however I could very easily be wrong. Also, even though I currently can't afford this model, and don't even have stay out to place it on, would you mind sending me the link in a personal message, UPTODAY? If it's not too much trouble that is.

Ah, yes JJ96 you do have a point, I probably should've asked that in the 2016 predictions thread...oh well, no harm done, right? Anyway just one last point before I move this discussion to the 2016 thread, is that (to me at least), whilst I think from memory they haven't appeared since Season 10, the Blue and White Coaches (along with their matching Blue Brakevan), provide superb colour contrast to Skarloey and Rheneas especially (and most people seem to think that we'll get Rheneas as our next new Narrow Gauge engine). Also these coaches have the added benefit of looking closer to the coaches used in the Railway Series, than any other Narrow Gauge TV series rolling stock. However outside of colour contrast, unless they miraculously re-appear in CGI, I think their appeal to younger fans will be slightly more limited.

On another point, I originally only intended for users to share their thoughts on their favourite Narrow Gauge Coaches, not to start predicting next year's range...whoops, but oh well. Perhaps I should've seen that coming, I'll shift this question to the 2016 predictions thread in the meantime.

~Alex
TheJJ

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 04, 2016, 04:33:18 PM »

Ah, yes JJ96 you do have a point, I probably should've asked that in the 2016 predictions thread...oh well, no harm done, right? Anyway just one last point before I move this discussion to the 2016 thread, is that (to me at least), whilst I think from memory they haven't appeared since Season 10, the Blue and White Coaches (along with their matching Blue Brakevan), provide superb colour contrast to Skarloey and Rheneas especially (and most people seem to think that we'll get Rheneas as our next new Narrow Gauge engine). Also these coaches have the added benefit of looking closer to the coaches used in the Railway Series, than any other Narrow Gauge TV series rolling stock. However outside of colour contrast, unless they miraculously re-appear in CGI, I think their appeal to younger fans will be slightly more limited.

On another point, I originally only intended for users to share their thoughts on their favourite Narrow Gauge Coaches, not to start predicting next year's range...whoops, but oh well. Perhaps I should've seen that coming, I'll shift this question to the 2016 predictions thread in the meantime.

~Alex
No no no, I was saying I should've put my little can't in the 2016 thread, what you put in this thread was fine! Sorry about that.
On a side note I watched Blue Mtn Mystery two days ago and I didn't think it was that bad, could it have been better? Yeah, but not bad.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 05, 2016, 01:24:11 AM »

To those of you who would be interested, the round water tower has made it on eBay and I might look into getting one at some point.  I'm surprised Bachmann put this in the blister packaging.  

The green mail car and the celebration Thomas are also listed with pictures of their packaging shown too.  

Jacob Wilson
« Reply #353 on: January 05, 2016, 03:39:41 AM »

I have seen those pictures of Celebration Thomas and the Green Mail Car. I didn't see the Round Water Tower one.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 03:09:53 PM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 05, 2016, 02:40:24 PM »

WOW!I love that round water tank!AND under $20.00 here in the USA!Im going to buy two of them.Maybe paint one a different color.
UPTODAY

UPTODAY
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #355 on: January 05, 2016, 03:10:39 PM »

WOW!I love that round water tank!AND under $20.00 here in the USA!Im going to buy two of them.Maybe paint one a different color.
UPTODAY

Good buy UPTODAY. Are they good with detail and worth getting?
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 05, 2016, 03:46:35 PM »

have not seen the water tank in person yet.maybe two weeks.The wheels of progress are slow at the hobby shop.
UPTODAY

UPTODAY
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #357 on: January 05, 2016, 03:58:08 PM »

have not seen the water tank in person yet.maybe two weeks.The wheels of progress are slow at the hobby shop.
UPTODAY

Have them in or something then? Which hobby shop do you go too?
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 05, 2016, 04:53:42 PM »

All my Bachmann range comes from The Whistle Stop in Portland Oregon,best hobby shop around!!!!
UPTODAY

UPTODAY
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #359 on: January 05, 2016, 05:08:56 PM »

All my Bachmann range comes from The Whistle Stop in Portland Oregon,best hobby shop around!!!!
UPTODAY

Is it quite a cheap shop, or expensive? Maybe The Whistle Stop is the best hobby shop in the USA, but the best in the UK is Hatton's in Liverpool!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 80 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: