STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 17, 2019, 10:09:28 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 80 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 340007 times)
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: January 12, 2016, 03:08:34 PM »

Hi everyone got my #00696SALTY DOCKSIDE SET!!SO now I have THOMAS,ANNIE,CLARABELLE,SALTY,6TON WAGON,RASPBERRY TANKER,AND THE SALT WAGON!!!!
YES<I am having fun now,running both trains on the test loop together!!!!!!!
UPTODAY

UPTODAY
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #376 on: January 12, 2016, 03:16:40 PM »

Hi everyone got my #00696SALTY DOCKSIDE SET!!SO now I have THOMAS,ANNIE,CLARABELLE,SALTY,6TON WAGON,RASPBERRY TANKER,AND THE SALT WAGON!!!!
YES<I am having fun now,running both trains on the test loop together!!!!!!!
UPTODAY

I am sure you are Steve (UPTODAY). I wish had the Salt Wagon and the 6 Ton Wagon in my collection.
Titanic5972

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 13, 2016, 07:15:26 AM »

Oh, and on a completely different note, Flying Scotsman will appear in The Great Race, which was confirmed due to the upcoming TrackMaster model of him. I wonder if he will have one tender or two tenders?

Everything I have read about the special does not make any mention of Scotsman. Just because he has a new Trackmaster model being released doesn't necessarily mean he is to be included in the special, as much as I would love him to be!
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #378 on: January 13, 2016, 10:08:17 AM »

Oh, and on a completely different note, Flying Scotsman will appear in The Great Race, which was confirmed due to the upcoming TrackMaster model of him. I wonder if he will have one tender or two tenders?

Everything I have read about the special does not make any mention of Scotsman. Just because he has a new Trackmaster model being released doesn't necessarily mean he is to be included in the special, as much as I would love him to be!

I do hope that Flying Scotsman will be in this years Thomas & Friends Feature Length Special, but if there is nothing on the Internet saying this, then where did TrainMan2001 get this information from?
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 13, 2016, 03:02:58 PM »

Hi everyone,having trouble with my new wagons and tanker car.The wheel sets keep coming out of the side frames.What should I do???
UPTODAY

UPTODAY
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #380 on: January 13, 2016, 04:52:28 PM »

Hi everyone,having trouble with my new wagons and tanker car.The wheel sets keep coming out of the side frames.What should I do???
UPTODAY

Which Wagon's are those? Surely you can push the frames together so they hold the wheels properly?
TrainMan2001

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 13, 2016, 06:25:12 PM »

Where did TrainMan2001 get this information from?
[/quote]
A salesman from the other forum I am part of got an e-mail from Mattel that said they would make Flying Scotsman this year, and since he never completely appeared in the show yet, and that The Great Race has engines of different nationalities for the race, it would be safe to assume that Flying Scotsman will appear in it.

Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #382 on: January 13, 2016, 07:12:57 PM »

Where did TrainMan2001 get this information from?
A salesman from the other forum I am part of got an e-mail from Mattel that said they would make Flying Scotsman this year, and since he never completely appeared in the show yet, and that The Great Race has engines of different nationalities for the race, it would be safe to assume that Flying Scotsman will appear in it.
[/quote]

That is information I believe. I would be surprised if somebody on this Forum replies below not believing what you have written there, TrainMan2001.

The Great Race is obviously to do with some sort of race, and I am pretty sure the Engines taking part in it will be Gordon, Spencer, Caitlin and Connor. If Mattel have confirmed that they are releasing a Flying Scotsman die-cast toy later in the year, then there must be a reference somewhere why they would produce this product. With the Feature Length Special called 'The Great Race', it is of course the perfect time for the Flying Scotsman to appear in the TV Series, so for Mattel to produce this Flying Scotsman die-cast toy, he must be making an appearance and as we all know, the Flying Scotsman is a record-breaking fast steam locomotive, so The Great Race would be a perfect appearance for the Flying Scotsman to appear in.
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 13, 2016, 08:08:07 PM »

Hi,everyone,I tried squeezing the frames together but it only works temperarly .Should I try clamping them over night?Huh?

UPTODAY
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #384 on: January 13, 2016, 08:18:33 PM »

Hi,everyone,I tried squeezing the frames together but it only works temperarly .Should I try clamping them over night?Huh?

Maybe clamping them together might work over night. I can't see why it wouldn't work. If it does not work, I think you should try that and if it does not then send the Train Set back where you bought it from and buy another somewhere else or you could even contact Bachmann themselves about it, with the batch number. You mihgjt have a bought your Train Set that came form a dodgy batch.

With out accessing what is wrong though in real life, it is not easy to picture the problem. I am only suggesting Steve (UPTODAY), my personal opinion of what I think from the information you have given.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 08:21:59 PM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 13, 2016, 08:36:21 PM »

Jacob,you can see that the side frames are warped(like my mind)out ,away from the axle ends will try the 6ton wagon over night, with clamps,if that does not work I will
smash it with a hammer and throw it in garbage!!!!!!!!!
STEVE

UPTODAY
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 13, 2016, 08:47:02 PM »

Steve - seeing as how your purchase was recent Bachmann can send you a free replacement for your rolling stock.  If not, the Great Train Expo is this weekend in Portland and I have seen some stands sell some Bachmann products including ones that are discontinued.  If you are planning to come this weekend I would advise you to check things out over there.
Titanic5972

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 13, 2016, 09:06:02 PM »

I'm still not convinced that Flying Scotsman will make an appearance. Both Ertl and Hornby released full models of Scotsman after his tenders appeared in the TV show, as did the original Wooden Railway. Never assume anything.
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #388 on: January 14, 2016, 12:14:24 PM »

I'm still not convinced that Flying Scotsman will make an appearance. Both Ertl and Hornby released full models of Scotsman after his tenders appeared in the TV show, as did the original Wooden Railway. Never assume anything.

Yes, ERTL and Hornby have both released 'Thomas' Flying Scotsman's, and I have the Hornby 'Thomas' Flying Scotsman.

I knew that it is not best to assume that the Flying Scltsman will be in The Great Race, but I hope he is, as this new Feature Length Special is the perfect opportunity for HiT Entertainment to put him in the TV series.
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 14, 2016, 05:05:19 PM »

Hi,everyone,clamped the side frames over night,It appears to have worked.SALT WAGON IS NEXT!
PS;I got a station kit today and some electrical switches for my control panel.
HAVING LOTS OF FUN
UPTODAY

UPTODAY
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 80 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: