STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 18, 2019, 11:02:19 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 80 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 340446 times)
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #435 on: February 05, 2016, 08:18:30 PM »

^^ Above 2 Replies - @Reply #439 By Parva Productions and ^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #440 By Chaz: Yes, I do know that it is SportyPup's own personal choice to run Gordon with Branchline Coaches, but I was just saying that is not realistic for Gordon to pull these coaches and I do not recommend it. It is not something I would do, but SportyPup can do this if he wants too.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:20:55 PM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
Griffin

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 05, 2016, 08:28:57 PM »

Seriously, Jacob? Again? Why are you doing this? If Sporty Pup wants to use branchline coaches with Gordon, how does that have ANYTHING to do with you? Why do you continue causing arguments here when it's been communicated more than once that you NEED TO STOP? And when you do (inevitably, I guess) cause an argument why don't you ever just let it go? STOP BRINGING IT UP.

Waiting for Bachmann Stepney...
BassTbone

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 05, 2016, 08:35:13 PM »

... but I was just saying that is not realistic for Gordon to pull these coaches...

They are also trains with faces = not realistic.   Grin
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #438 on: February 05, 2016, 08:38:42 PM »

^^ Above 2 Replies - @Reply #442 By Racing James!: I am not causing an argument. I do not like these arguments. I do not why everybody thinks I am doing this, because I am not. Please can everybody please stop think I am trying to cause arguments, as this is not true and it upsets me that User's think this? I would just like everybody to let this arguing thing go please, because I want to move on from it and forget about it, but it hard for me to do this with people randomly jumping to conclusions think I am trying to cause arguments. I just want to be forgiven for what I have done in the past and I want it to be forgotten about, as I am trying my best to be more mature while using this Forum and I would like to be given a little more chance. Thank you for your cooperation.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:48:29 PM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
Metal

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 05, 2016, 08:54:39 PM »

Most of the engines' bright colorful inauthentic liveries aren't realistic either.

Anyway...
If Bachmann happens to discontinue rolling stock from their Thomas range, there's other alternatives. There's a handful of particular modellers out there that turn to other ranges that market British model trains.
Hornby has brought back their Express Coaches when they revived their Thomas range.
Also for freight/goods wagons, I would suggest turning to Dapol or Branchlines, and repainting them into Thomas-esque colors.
These are decent alternatives to Bachmann's discountined Thomas rolling stock.

Isn't that also the thing about "Modelling"?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:57:37 PM by Metal » Logged
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #440 on: February 05, 2016, 09:01:19 PM »

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #445 By Metal: I never really find the time though to do painting, and I can never find paint that look-like Thomas colours. I find it difficult and the finish you get is never the factory finish look.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 09:02:57 PM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
Griffin

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 05, 2016, 09:33:21 PM »

^^ Above 2 Replies - @Reply #436 By SportyPup and ^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #437 By UPTODAY:  I do not recommend you put Branchline Coaches behind Gordon Steve (UPTODAY). They are in-accurate and Gordon will look daft pulling them.

This was unnecessary for you to say, and ended up causing an argument. Do not act like you don't and just stop doing it!

Waiting for Bachmann Stepney...
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 06, 2016, 12:43:38 AM »

Hey,I think Gordon would look good pulling Spencers coaches!!!!
UPTODAY

ps;personal opinion,not an argument!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 12:55:33 AM by UPTODAY » Logged

UPTODAY
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 06, 2016, 05:58:26 AM »

Excuse me if this seems off-topic, but I am just wondering if Edward's windows were ever rounded or were always the shape that they are now.
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #444 on: February 06, 2016, 06:12:04 AM »

^^^ Above 3 Replies - @Reply #447 By Racing James!: I did not say it to cause an argument and I would like User's to not think that I do it on purpose and to not tell me off for something I have not done, because it really upsets me. I got upset last Racing James!, that you jumped to a conclusion and told me off for something that I did not do.

^^ Above 2 Replies - @Reply #448 By UPTODAY: Yes, I agree with you Steve, that Gordon would look good with Spencer's Special Coach. In November 2011, I bought the Bachmann Spencer's Special Coach but in 2012, Hornby released Spencer's Coaches themselves, so I bought these for my Hornby Spencer, and I now use the Bachmann Spencer's Special Coach for my Hornby Gordon, as Gordon's Special Coach.

Yes, thank you Steve. It was my personal opinion and not an argument.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 07:01:39 AM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
Titanic5972

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 06, 2016, 06:18:36 AM »

Excuse me if this seems off-topic, but I am just wondering if Edward's windows were ever rounded or were always the shape that they are now.

I believe they were always the shape they are now.
TheJJ

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 06, 2016, 12:16:48 PM »

I haven't logged on in awhile, but I've often glanced to see what's been going on here on the forums. Here's the fact of the matter, there's been a LOT of pointless arguments. This is a place for people to give opinions! That is completely okay! It shouldn't be a place to ridicule the opinions of others. Friendly suggestions, sure, but people have a right to do things their own way. And if you get upset, don't draw attention to yourself, try to clarify your point or simply message the person instead of making a bigger deal than needed. This should be a place we get to talk about our childhood memories and love of the show and products. Have fun! Just be respectful.

Now on a personal note here, guys, this is a BACHMANN forum, not a Hornby one, respect the company. Besides in my personal opinion Bachmann's models are more show accurate anyway. Now talking about PECO for the NG line I understand since there is a partnership there, but come on guys, a little unity.
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #447 on: February 06, 2016, 12:55:10 PM »

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #452 By JJ96: Ah yes, here is a person who knows that Forums are for people to share their opinions to others of the same interest. This is what I have been trying to do all along and all this time, since I registered on this Forum.

I am sure we all know that this site is a Bachmann Forum.

In the meantime at least, it nice to have a former User come back, and hopefully to stay this time! Welcome back here, JJ96.
SportyPup
« Reply #448 on: February 06, 2016, 01:13:20 PM »

I'm not afraid of controversial opinions, bring it on!  I'm used to it being in the customer service industry Wink

Since Gordon is such a good seller, does anyone think it's possible that we could get a sound chipped version of the model?  Personally, I would find Gordon so much more interesting than just another Percy or James.  I know there's the cost of modeling, but I think a sound chipped Gordon would be a pretty hot item!
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #449 on: February 06, 2016, 01:22:02 PM »

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #454 By SportyPup: A Bachmann Gordon with sound would be nice, using the same system used in the Sound Thomas, however this make may Gordon too expensive, so if Bachmann are going to sound another Locomotive, I have a feeling it will be Percy.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 80 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: