STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 20, 2019, 10:09:45 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 81 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 349742 times)
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #525 on: February 23, 2016, 11:23:27 AM »

Oh, now I understand that you where replying to what I posted before BassTbone replied.
BassTbone

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 23, 2016, 03:06:10 PM »

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #526 By BassTbone: Where and much did the Slate Truck kits cost you?

They were about $10 a piece.  If I were you, I'd just wait and get the Bachmann ones.  The Rodney Stenning ones are tiny and derail easily.  Also, their build is difficult if you aren't good with tiny kits. 
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #527 on: February 23, 2016, 05:49:56 PM »

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #532 By BassTbone: I think I will wait for the Bachmann Slate Wagon's. I am not good with building stuff like that, anyway! I do not have the patience and I have butter fingers! I want all the official Thomas & Friends stuff anyway.
WittmanStudios
« Reply #528 on: February 23, 2016, 11:12:00 PM »

Pardon me for mentioning this but I just realized, why hasn't anyone mentioned Sir Topham Hatt's blue car in the HO scale accessories range? I'd hate to be a burden about this sort of stuff, but I think it would be fun to buy a blue STH's car in HO scale. sounds ridiculous?
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #529 on: February 24, 2016, 04:00:44 AM »

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #534 By WittmanStudios: Good point. I would love Bachmann to release The Fat Controller's Car. Bachmann release the figure of him in 2002, I do believe, so it hard to understand why they have not released his car. They need to though!
Titanic5972

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 24, 2016, 01:53:17 PM »

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #534 By WittmanStudios: Good point. I would love Bachmann to release The Fat Controller's Car. Bachmann release the figure of him in 2002, I do believe, so it hard to understand why they have not released his car. They need to though!

Probably due to the fact that it is just a car. It isn't a character, it doesn't talk, doesn't have a face, doesn't have a name. It is just a car. No real appear to the younger fans of the show.
Artist794

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 24, 2016, 03:10:35 PM »

As much as id like to see a HO scale model of Sir Topham Hat's car, i have to agree with you.  The lack of the car just being a car and not a "character" doesn't make its odds look good.  IF anything hasn't Winston take over as STH's mode of transportation. They are making him in G scale as well. Just my thoughts on it.
WittmanStudios
« Reply #532 on: February 24, 2016, 03:58:44 PM »

Probably due to the fact that it is just a car. It isn't a character, it doesn't talk, doesn't have a face, doesn't have a name. It is just a car. No real appear to the younger fans of the show.

There is that point, if it has no appeal then it might not be made. However, bachmann has released dozens of accessories without faces such as the resin buildings (though it would be very creepy if they had faces) and most of the rolling stock don't have faces. Besides his blue car does appear quite often in the show and we haven't seen much of Winston, really.

In any case, I thought I'd mention it just as a "what if." It would make sense plus it's bright blue so it might appeal to kids, who knows. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers here. I'll stand back on the side lines where I clearly belong.

Good day.

railtwister

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 24, 2016, 04:12:11 PM »

What type of car does it represent (if any)? I'm not familiar enough with British sedans (especially if they were imported into the USA) to know if STH's car is at all based on a real prototype vehicle, or is simply fantasy. It does look vaguely familiar, but I just can't place it. Perhaps something with similar lines has been made by Hot Wheels or Matchbox?

I think as a model by itself, it is an unlikely production item, especially in HO/OO size. However, it could be made as a cast resin load on a flatcar, perhaps using a repurposed Chuggington series flat car.

Bill in FtL
mully
« Reply #534 on: February 24, 2016, 04:59:42 PM »

The car from the tv series is presented as a typical vehicle of the 1940s. It is either loosely based on a Jowett Javelin or a Rover. Depending on the season.
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #535 on: February 24, 2016, 06:28:03 PM »

^^^^^ Above 5 Replies - @Reply #536 By Titanic5972, ^^^^ Above 4 Replies - @Reply #537 By Artist794 and ^^^ Above 3 Replies - @Reply #538 By WittmanStudios: Bachmann have released Bertie the Bus, Harold the Helicopter and Jeremy the Jet, so what is wrong with The Fat Controller's Car being released?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 06:48:48 PM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 24, 2016, 07:44:13 PM »

Bachmann have released Bertie the Bus, Harold the Helicopter and Jeremy the Jet, so what is wrong with The Fat Controller's Car being released?
They clearly stated their reasons for their opinions in their responses...
I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers here. I'll stand back on the side lines where I clearly belong.

Good day.
I wouldn't say you ruffled any feathers, the idea was worth a mention, just the opinion of others seems to be different for the time being, and that's okay. Differing opinions can make for good posts on these boards...under the right circumstances of course...

~Alex
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #537 on: February 24, 2016, 08:05:09 PM »

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #542 By AJW98Productions: Their reasons seemed a little odd to me. I am not trying to offend anybody, but cars are part of a model railway. Bachmann do need to expand the choices of Thomas & Friends Vehicles they produce.
railtwister

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 24, 2016, 08:13:37 PM »

The car from the tv series is presented as a typical vehicle of the 1940s. It is either loosely based on a Jowett Javelin or a Rover. Depending on the season.

Thanks for that info. Has any manufacturer (such as Matchbox or similar) ever produced HO or OO models (or any scale) of either of those two vehicles? How about doing it using 3D printing?

Bill in FtL
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #539 on: February 24, 2016, 08:31:11 PM »

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #544 By railtwister: ERTL and Take 'n' Play have produced The Fat Controller's Car, but these are not HO or OO Gauge.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 08:43:12 PM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 81 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: