STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 21, 2019, 12:25:31 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 81 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 349916 times)
railtwister

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: February 25, 2016, 12:08:19 AM »

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #544 By railtwister: ERTL and Take 'n' Play have produced The Fat Controller's Car, but these are not HO or OO Gauge.

I don't know about Take 'n' Play, but I read on the wikia that the ERTL blue car was a '36 Ford, nothing like the car in tha Thomas series. I'm guessing it was repurposed from the Dick Tracey series, which was reportedly 1/64, although I thought it looked too small to be that scale (in which case, it may actually have been closer to being 1/76 scale). To me, Bachmann's Bertie looks a bit too big for HO, though I'm not sure how it compares to OO. The Bachmann figures (STH, Conductor, and Farmer) are way too large, probably even for most of the many different scales used for G (anywhere from 1:20 all the way to 1:32). I've never measured them to check, since I think they are way too expensive for my budget.

I'm not sure using the term 'scale' in any serious discussion concerning any of the Thomas models makes much sense regardless, since it's all fantasy anyway.

Bill in FtL
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 12:10:24 AM by railtwister » Logged
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #541 on: February 25, 2016, 03:53:39 AM »

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #546 By railtwister: ERTL discontinued producing the die-cast Thomas & Friends toys, and in 2004, Fisher-Price started to produce a die-cast toy range of Thomas & Friends toys. Back then, it was called Take-Along, but in 2010, the range was re-named as Take 'n' Play. My own opinion is that the ERTL range is better than the Take 'n' Play, but neither are as good as Bachmann and Hornby Thomas & Friends' range's!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 12:00:05 PM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
Cheeky_ULP

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 25, 2016, 01:28:23 PM »

Some new rolling stock joined Skarloey today.

Also, I have a 2x5 board of space for my narrow gauge layout. Just need to start up some track plans.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 01:30:05 PM by Sparks » Logged
Rickenbacker 325

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 25, 2016, 01:32:38 PM »

Those look awesome!! I really wanna try and get the Narrow Gauge engines but I would have to get track first. Also love the 3D printed Luke! Wink
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #544 on: February 25, 2016, 03:15:23 PM »

^^ Above 2 Replies - @Reply #549 By Sparks: Which two Wagon's are those, that joined your Skarloey?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 07:33:58 PM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 26, 2016, 07:40:14 PM »

I have been laying out my "service track"for my locos,diesel,sand ,water,and coal and i noticed that JAMES THE RED ENGINE has no water hatch on his tender.I guess Im going to have to
fake it?Huh?Huh?
comments?Huh?
UPTODAY

UPTODAY
Parva Productions

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 26, 2016, 07:44:09 PM »

The majority of the original models for the TV series lacked water filler caps on the tenders. Off the top of my head, I think Henry was the only one of the original tender engines to have a filler cap. The Bachmann model lacking the filler cap is accurate to the TV show so spot on in that regard, but if you're after a more realistic feel it's not ideal. It's very much down to personal preference in that sense.
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 26, 2016, 09:32:28 PM »

thank you,PARVA PRODUCTIONS,that solves another mystery!!!!!!!!!
UPTODAY

UPTODAY
BassTbone

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 28, 2016, 11:11:35 PM »

Made some trees today and my 2nd locomotive is finished. 

Bought some more greenery for hedging and the Tidy Track Roto Wheel Cleaner for the engines. 

Got some Talyllyn coaches too coming.  They were from Nine Lines. 
Titanic5972

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 29, 2016, 04:13:53 AM »

Looking good. That Roto Wheel cleaner is a fantastic thing. I have the HO/OO one. Wouldnt be without it now.
thomasj219

Thomas Will Be Coming Down Our Track Forever!!

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 29, 2016, 07:58:14 PM »

BassTbone. Amazing pictures! May I ask what brand of track you use for Narrow Gauge? I'm quite fond of it.  Wink

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Daisy, Harvey.
BassTbone

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 29, 2016, 08:18:02 PM »

BassTbone. Amazing pictures! May I ask what brand of track you use for Narrow Gauge? I'm quite fond of it.  Wink

Its PECO 009 track.  I had to get it imported.  lol

ERS stands for Extended Railway Series and Scott is a character.  It is created and written by SiF.
thomasj219

Thomas Will Be Coming Down Our Track Forever!!

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 29, 2016, 08:21:16 PM »

Ah I had a feeling. I love it. I'll do the same thing then. I hate the look of the regular track, just doesn't look right.

I went to a hobby shop here and asked the guy for track that resembled Narrowgauge and he looked at me like I was crazy. Lol gotta love America. I was thinking about removing every other tie but that task didn't seem too inviting. Import it is!

I use hornby track as it is anyway, so importing is nothing new. Smiley Gotta do it right. Thanks for the quick reply. I have some work to do!

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Daisy, Harvey.
mully
« Reply #553 on: March 01, 2016, 05:12:18 AM »

Loving this so far basstbone very talented my friend. One of my latest projects I have been working on. New backdrops of Arlesburgh.

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 01, 2016, 12:09:56 PM »

Loving both projects I've been seeing!  I still love the "Beware of the engine" sign on the shed, BassTBone, might have to look into getting something like that myself. Tongue

Also a heads up to anyone who wants Oliver, some shops online have been listing him for preorder as of recent.  The one I ordered him from was Lantz Hobby Shop which is the same business ran by Wholesale Trains (if that rings a bell to anyone).

http://www.lantzhobbyshop.com/HO-Oliver-the-Great-Western-Engine-w-Moving-Eyes%2CBAC-58815-BAC58815-283666/

Not sure if the release date on there is accurate, since we haven't seen a photo yet and locomotives that are delayed are usually released around the summer.  Regardless, I already placed an order on him and with the fact that Toad made it on my layout the other day, that adds enough anticipation for Oliver on my end already. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 12:21:40 PM by Chaz » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 81 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: