STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2019, 10:08:56 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 86 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 369217 times)
Griffin

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: March 16, 2016, 09:33:28 AM »

Which one are you referring to? The Brendam Docks warehouse?

Waiting for Bachmann Stepney...
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 16, 2016, 01:14:54 PM »

http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=5912

This is what I'm referring to.
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 17, 2016, 05:02:15 PM »

HI!!!CHAZ!!!good question on the storage sheds.better ask the Bachman about that one!!!!
UPTODAY

UPTODAY
railtwister

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 19, 2016, 05:40:29 PM »

Those sheds look pretty generic, and look like they could be used on any HO or OO layout, Thomas themed or otherwise, but I'm afraid that they are a bit too much on the pricey side for my budget.

Bill in FtL
TTTEfan1992

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 28, 2016, 02:07:59 PM »

I've noticed this pattern of what Bachmann does, but I don't know if any of you on here have noticed it. Have any of you noticed that whenever Bachmann decides to reveal or release a new product it's always between the 8th and the 15th of the month? I feel like that might happen with Bachmann Oliver in just next month (April). I hope that does happen.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 28, 2016, 11:20:19 PM »

I think that's reading a little too deeply into it, pictures will come when they come.  Tower Hobbies updated their page stating that Oliver is now due for November.  If that is the case, I wouldn't expect a picture of him until this summer at the NMRA.
MeganekkoFury1126

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 28, 2016, 11:51:51 PM »

And if we're going by what happened last year with Skarloey, we probably won't see a prototype of Oliver until the October TCA York Meet.
TTTEfan1992

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 29, 2016, 12:38:38 AM »

I don't see Oliver taking that much longer. He should be out sooner than that. I don't think November is the actual release date. I think they just put November on that site, because they may need a bit more time to finish him to get him ready for release, but they don't know when he will be released. That's just a date for sure he'll be out by then saying he could be out way before that. I heard that they were working on him before the NMRA show last August, and they were at the point where he was almost ready for a prototype model of him being revealed at the NMRA last year. I really think Oliver will be released before the NMRA show in the summer, and the TCA fall show this year. I could be wrong, but I hope what I say turns out to be true. I hope Oliver comes outs before November.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 29, 2016, 01:37:45 AM »

I heard that they were working on him before the NMRA show last August, and they were at the point where he was almost ready for a prototype model of him being revealed at the NMRA last year.

This is not true at all, I was at the NMRA when it was in my area last summer, and there was no mention of Oliver having a prototype "almost ready" for the show.  I didn't ask what stage they were at with Oliver, since Doug generously gave me the information that he only knew, which was limited.  One of them was he would be delayed until 2016 and Toad might be out earlier than him.  Both of these turned out to be true.  I don't know where you keep getting these ideas, but it is obvious that Bachmann is taking more time than usual with this model in particular compared to other releases.  As I said, pictures will be released when they are released and the model will be released when it is released.  He has a price listed in the catalog and he is up for preorder on a few shops already, including Walthers, Lantz's Hobby Shop, and OmniModels (this one in particular also says he is due in November by the way).  This alone is a good sign that at the very least he will be out this year alongside Rheneas and the slate wagons.

Production for model trains can't (and shouldn't) be rushed... I'm sure he will be worth the wait.  In the meantime, have some patience, please.
TTTEfan1992

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 29, 2016, 01:57:49 AM »

But Chaz, didn't you say one time that you spoke to a Bachmann representative at the NMRA last year, and the representative said that they have been working on Bachmann Oliver, and they would have showed a prototype model of him, but they weren't quite ready for that yet at that time?
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 29, 2016, 02:39:40 AM »

I never said this in my posts at the time when I was at the NMRA... Even going back and checking my posts in the earlier pages of this thread and I never said anything along those lines.   I am not entirely sure if this is just a miscommunication on your part, or if you are just this desperate for an answer, but I keep telling you the same answer over and over again while you still aren't catching on.  I get that you are excited for the Bachmann Oliver, and so am I as I'm sure everyone else is who wants the model, but this is honestly not the best way to get an answer.   If you really want an answer on the model, I would suggest contacting an actual Bachmann representative, because I don't know anything beyond what I've told you already.  If not, then I would advise you to be more patient, because good things come to those who wait.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 04:09:14 AM by Chaz » Logged
TTTEfan1992

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 29, 2016, 03:21:33 AM »

You may have not said any of this on this thread, but you actually did say something like that along the lines of what I thought you said on the "Bachmann Thomas and Friends in 2016" thread. The user named "Original James" asked you "Since HO Oliver and G Winston are now 2016 products when announced in 2015 wouldn't they be considered 2016 products?" And these are the exact words that you responded, "I wouldn't consider them 2016 products, personally.  If they were announced in 2015 then I'd consider them part of the 2015 lineup despite possibly being labelled as "new" in the 2016 catalog which would probably be there to inform first-time buyers to let them know that new products will be available soon. 

Also Doug mentioned that they were working on Oliver and Winston when I talked to him at the NMRA last summer (August), but they were not quite ready for a display, let alone a release to the public.  So fortunately they did not "just now" start working on them if they were working on them before last August.  I think we will probably see them sometime in February in the catalog, if not that, then definitely around the spring."
I found this at the bottom of page 7 in the "Bachmann Thomas and Friends in 2016" thread. That post is  "Reply #103", and it's dated January 02, 2016, 01:34:44 AM. I know you are not the person to have any control of when Oliver is going to be released, and you have made a good point. I have been aware of that fact. My point is of this post is I was just talking about Bachmann Oliver, and I wanted to point out of what I have actually heard on here.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 29, 2016, 03:44:07 AM »

Let me explain what I meant in that post.

Yes, they were working on the models, but I never said anything along the lines of "almost ready for a prototype"... Please don't put words in my mouth.   I never denied that they weren't working on the models in the first place during that time, however, that specific instance alone was something I never said in my posts.   Sure they were working on them, but they were not "almost ready for a prototype."

And by seeing them, I was referring to pictures of them in February and the spring not so much an actual release date. The actual release date of them I speculated before it would be this summer, but after the recent news regarding Tower hobbies, it seemed clear that it would be November and not the summer.

Now can you please wait patiently like the rest of us?  Because you have been coming off as extremely desperate.  He will be here when he is here, I can't explain that any further then that at this point because I was not expecting Oliver to be delayed until November and I am sure no one else did at the time.

Like I said earlier, I am sure he is worth the wait, but you have to be a lot more patient than this.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 04:43:25 AM by Chaz » Logged
BassTbone

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 29, 2016, 10:36:36 AM »

TTTEfan1992, not sure what it is, but there is tension in your posts. 

Chaz was nice enough to share an update.  If that was me, I wouldn't be sharing it anymore after that.  Roll Eyes

Bachmann has several stepping stones they go through for a new product.  Sometimes one or more steps have hiccups.  Bachmann does not just make Thomas & Friends products.  Their primary focus is Winston for G, Oliver for HO/OO and Rheneas for 009.   

Just wait, when the product images surface, everyone will be saying "WORTH THE WAIT"
Metal

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 29, 2016, 12:13:04 PM »

You can't guarantee specific release dates from Bachmann as their production schedule changes quite often.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 86 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: