STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2019, 09:30:19 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 86 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 369197 times)
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: June 16, 2016, 03:03:25 PM »

Trainworld or Trainland (depending on where in New York you are going) would probably be your best bet. I've only been to Trainland and there were some pretty decent deals there.  I never bought any of the Thomas stuff there but I have bought a few other products from there before for pretty good deals.   I remember they pretty much had every HO Thomas product available when I was there, so that might also be worth considering.
JD417

View Profile WWW
« Reply #616 on: June 19, 2016, 12:56:35 PM »

Hey everyone, I was doing some searching, maybe to find a hidden stock photo for one our missing HO Scale, or Large Scale friends (Oliver and Winston), I didn't find anything, but I did find this image of Clarabel:
http://i.imgur.com/r5Y8Syc.jpg

And it's just Clarabel right? Well, the photo name for that specific Clarabel is "Specialy Car (HO Scale)"

(And yes I'm aware of how 'Specialy' is spelt, that's exactly how it was.)

Anyone have any information they could lend as to why she's a "Specialy Car"? Or even what a 'Specialy Car' is in the first place? Tongue
Cheeky_ULP

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 19, 2016, 02:31:04 PM »

More than likely, it's just a seller who doesn't know anything about Thomas and gave "happy train car with a face" an "important sounding" title.
JD417

View Profile WWW
« Reply #618 on: June 19, 2016, 05:35:16 PM »

But the thing is, it's directly from Bachmann's site

http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=6438
Cheeky_ULP

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 19, 2016, 05:40:29 PM »

A further investigation shows that's from the section of the website called "Warehouse Finds." Gonna guess with that title it's similar to my guess; stuff found in the building thats been misplaced and can still be sold, and whoever found it is unsure of what Clarabel was.
JD417

View Profile WWW
« Reply #620 on: June 19, 2016, 06:22:00 PM »

I went looking for it in the Warehouse Finds, and according to whoever posts these found items, doesn't know the difference between a caboose and a coach. Bit funny actually Roll Eyes
TTTEfan1992

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 19, 2016, 10:37:58 PM »

Is there anybody on here that lives close to the NMRA show this year? If so, is anybody going to the NMRA show to take pictures of the prototype models of the new Bachmann Thomas and Friends products, and post them on here?
donaldthescottishtwin

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 21, 2016, 10:57:07 AM »

Trainworld or Trainland (depending on where in New York you are going) would probably be your best bet. I've only been to Trainland and there were some pretty decent deals there.  I never bought any of the Thomas stuff there but I have bought a few other products from there before for pretty good deals.   I remember they pretty much had every HO Thomas product available when I was there, so that might also be worth considering.

Thank you Chaz, I was able to nab Skarloey Arry Bert the new red coaches and Toad for fair prices.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 21, 2016, 07:50:56 PM »

You're welcome, congrats on the good haul. Smiley
Griffin

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 24, 2016, 02:42:07 PM »

I just bought Thomas, James, Percy, Henry, Donald, Douglas, and a bunch of rolling stock. Yay! However, Donald has a persistent ringing noise that occurs whenever he goes forwards, but not backwards. Any ideas?

Waiting for Bachmann Stepney...
therailwayinspector

Crane's Eye View

View Profile WWW
« Reply #625 on: June 26, 2016, 04:31:40 PM »

Take him back. Had that on mine and it promptly burnt out. Luckily was within warranty.

Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures
Cheeky_ULP

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 26, 2016, 10:00:33 PM »

I just bought Thomas, James, Percy, Henry, Donald, Douglas, and a bunch of rolling stock. Yay! However, Donald has a persistent ringing noise that occurs whenever he goes forwards, but not backwards. Any ideas?
Maybe he needs to answer the phone. Wink
Thomasfan39

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 29, 2016, 12:15:41 PM »

Has anyone heard or seen anything about Oliver?
ClrwtrMK2
« Reply #628 on: June 30, 2016, 09:39:02 AM »

What about Rosie?
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 30, 2016, 12:44:43 PM »

My preorder for Oliver sadly got cancelled due to some issues with Lantz/Wholesale trains so I probably won't be ordering from there again anytime soon.  Luckily I didn't lose any money in that preorder.  However I did preorder Oliver from Tower Hobbies and they once again changed their date saying October.  It's a little strange that the date keeps constantly changing on there but hopefully at the NMRA next weekend we will have an update on Oliver as well as Rheneas.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 12:47:02 PM by Chaz » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 86 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: