STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2019, 04:09:42 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 84 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 361300 times)
donaldthescottishtwin

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: June 30, 2016, 05:05:22 PM »

Usually Bachmann release loco's during October/November but sometimes it can be during the same year the character was announced or the year after, Bill Ben and Diesel we're released the same year they were announced but Donald and Douglas came out a year and a half after the announcement. So yeah Bachmann is not always consistent with release dates..
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 05:07:05 PM by donaldthescotishtwin » Logged
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 30, 2016, 06:46:37 PM »

You hit the nail with the hammer on that one, there are always a couple of bumps along the way in production but at least the models are out eventually.  They seem to be consistent at being... Inconsistent.  It happens more often than not, just like how Oliver got announced last year and will most likely be out later this year.  

At least the Skarloey stuff has been doing well so far, and I imagine they will probably do well in that regard for a few years similarly to how large scale was doing better in production at first but then started to slow down right around the last 2-3 years.  Rheneas has been up for preorder on a few shops already so no complaints on my end.
TrainMan2001

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 14, 2016, 04:36:42 PM »

Anyone know what type of engine Gordon is? Some sources say that he is an A3, but others say he is an A1.

Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.
HLC Railroad

Steam Locomotive Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 14, 2016, 07:31:30 PM »

Anyone know what type of engine Gordon is? Some sources say that he is an A3, but others say he is an A1.
Well in a sense he's both. He was a prototype which lead to both so he's tipically called an A0. However in a recent video on the official T&F YouTube channel for "shooting star Gordon" it says he's an A3.

With all these people building their own replica Thomas characters, soon we may have no choice but to have 4K Thomas and Friends remakes.

Thomas:Done | James:Recently Complete | Sir Handel:Finished | Gordon: Needs Paint and Eye Mechanism | Henry: Cad and Chassis

Need I say more?
TrainMan2001

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 19, 2016, 01:29:16 PM »

Has anyone noticed that in Season 1 of the series, Thomas has rivets along his running board and at least the back of his bunker? You can see them better in the close-up shots of the model. I think it is pretty cool. I wonder why all the models after that are missing them? Anyone have ideas?

MeganekkoFury1126

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 19, 2016, 03:37:54 PM »

Has anyone noticed that in Season 1 of the series, Thomas has rivets along his running board and at least the back of his bunker? You can see them better in the close-up shots of the model. I think it is pretty cool. I wonder why all the models after that are missing them? Anyone have ideas?

The answer is most likely to save money. Painting over riveted areas tends to be harder than on flat surfaces, but more likely it was just easier to make the bodies without them all.
TrainMan2001

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 20, 2016, 04:17:27 PM »

Hey guys, there are pictures of the new HO rolling stock on the ttte wikia. I would post them here but I don't know how.

donaldthescottishtwin

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 20, 2016, 04:57:09 PM »

HLC Railroad

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 20, 2016, 05:07:06 PM »

I am just wondering about this, maybe mines just broken or I'm just not doing something right but the "steam exhaust" sound on the wistle and chuff Thomas that is advertised and even on the plastic container doesn't work. Even the official Bachmann demo has it but I can't figure out how to get it to activate. Can someone help me with this?

With all these people building their own replica Thomas characters, soon we may have no choice but to have 4K Thomas and Friends remakes.

Thomas:Done | James:Recently Complete | Sir Handel:Finished | Gordon: Needs Paint and Eye Mechanism | Henry: Cad and Chassis

Need I say more?
HLC Railroad

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 20, 2016, 05:09:48 PM »

You can hear it right around 0:15 on this video. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CJbZZYRxBe4

Need I say more?
TrainMan2001

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 20, 2016, 05:44:08 PM »

You have to stop Thomas really slowly to get it to work.

JD417

View Profile WWW
« Reply #641 on: August 06, 2016, 08:21:10 PM »

Not sure if you guys have seen it or not, but the Square Water Tower finally has an image. It got added to the website yesterday.
http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/images/HO_Scale/45243.jpg
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 06, 2016, 08:43:59 PM »

Hah, with all the hype with Oliver and Rheneas I completely forgot about this one. Tongue Just like the last water tower they really hit the nail with the hammer with this one.  Tower Hobbies even says that is shipping sometime this month, so I'm glad to see that release date was at least consistent.
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 07, 2016, 02:45:34 AM »

Just like the last water tower they really hit the nail with the hammer with this one.
Ditto to that, it's nice to see the released picture, I look forward to the final designs of the other products that were announced/due out this year. Smiley
~Alex
Trains111

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 07, 2016, 12:16:29 PM »

Guys on the rolling stock there is a set of Gordon's composite and open coach!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: