STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2018, 05:55:27 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 76 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 321950 times)
Sparks

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: December 24, 2017, 07:56:36 PM »

Bachmann can't make Splatter and Dodge, due to their lack of relevance; being obscure characters.

The mainland diesels (like Ulli) in the CGI series have no merchandise whatsoever. No promotion, or marketing.
Hence why I didn't even mention them
PasqualeCS96

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: December 25, 2017, 02:16:43 PM »

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope Santa brought all the trains you wanted  Wink
DrNickRiviera995

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: January 02, 2018, 08:36:57 AM »

So, I'm trying to find complete seasons of the show.  They don't appear to be available at the moment on Netflix, Hulu or Amazon at least not without a rental fee or anything.

And unfortunately we never got any full season releases here in the US.  Am I right in guessing my best option is the complete series releases from the U.K.?

And will the U.K. dvds typically play on most modern PCs?  Or would I need to get a special DVD player that plays region 2 discs?
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 04, 2018, 02:49:29 AM »

The US only got the first season on DVD which is the Early Years.  Interestingly they used the UK versions of the episodes instead of the US narrations.

Some UK DVDs can work on US DVD players if you set region mode to "international".  My old DVD player had this option for the season 2 DVD I have which sadly had to be replaced by a new one that no longer has that option.  Not sure how it would work with PCs but a friend of mine who owned the first four seasons on DVD would watch them on a portable DVD player that supported region 2 discs.
DrNickRiviera995

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: January 04, 2018, 07:06:16 AM »

Thanks for the reply!  I did order the first 6 seasons, and I'll see what I need to do to view them once they're here.

I also read that PCs should have a setting to change region on the disc drives.  So I'll see if that works.
MeganekkoFury1126

View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 04, 2018, 07:58:20 PM »

I still find it disappointing that the US has only gotten season 1 completely on DVD. I would definitely purchase S2-6 on DVD on the spot to get the George Carlin and Alec Baldwin dubbed versions of those episodes in production order and higher quality.
angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 06, 2018, 10:47:24 PM »

I remember when I bought the 1st season of Thomas. I was so excited and worried that I was to old getting the same episodes on DVD.

I read something somewhere online a few months ago after the 1st season came out there were coming out with season 2 the next year. Sadly it never happened.

I love the voice narration of Ringo Starr and George Carlin. To bad the newer rerelease versions had the current narrator. He didn't have the feel or voice to really separate the characters. Half the time it sounds one sided.
DrNickRiviera995

View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 08, 2018, 08:56:05 PM »

I remember when I bought the 1st season of Thomas. I was so excited and worried that I was to old getting the same episodes on DVD.

I read something somewhere online a few months ago after the 1st season came out there were coming out with season 2 the next year. Sadly it never happened.

I love the voice narration of Ringo Starr and George Carlin. To bad the newer rerelease versions had the current narrator. He didn't have the feel or voice to really separate the characters. Half the time it sounds one sided.

Got my first season today (UK release).  Great quality and love the narration!  Just wondering out of curiosity, do they start calling The Fat Controller, Sir Topham Hatt at some point in the series?  Or is he still Fat Controller even into the CGI years?  Just interesting differences from the U.S. versions I'm use to.  I think I prefer the U.K. ones now!
angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: January 19, 2018, 07:02:17 PM »

In the UK he's called The Fat Controller and in USA we call him Sit Topham Hatt. It was mentioned going back to the 1st season.
angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: January 27, 2018, 01:15:59 PM »

During this past week I was planning on building the narrow gauge. So I decided to buy a ERTL George to go with the locomotives and maybe the future of Sir Handel.
douglas

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: January 27, 2018, 04:50:16 PM »

I'm downsizing due to a move and unfortunately will have part with many of my Thomas engines :/ PM me for a list of items and prices, and I'll be glad to provide pictures and answer any questions.
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 02, 2018, 12:50:35 PM »

The yearly announcements are only two weeks away. It's finally February, and the announcements are getting closer.

Very good chance someone will start a 2019 predictions thread immediately after the announcements.

(Didn't post this in the 2018 thread to avoid double-posting)
TrainshockeylifE

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 03, 2018, 04:48:30 PM »

Did anyone go to the show?
Sparks

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: February 03, 2018, 09:01:49 PM »

I didn't see anything new there. The representatives were fairly busy, as they were right at the front of the entrance, so I didn't really ask them any questions, just gave them a quick greeting.

The revisioned James was on display though instead of the regular James, which is good. Star Hobbies also had some good deals, as usual.

It was interesting hearing a kid and his Dad looking among the engine selection for Diesel 10. Another person viewing the layout asked if Emily was Flying Scotsman, which is funny because historically, the Singles -did- pull said train...

I think my favorite layout at WGH this year was a Z-scale layout with a lot of twists and turns, going through a midwest sort of scenes. Plenty of LEGO trains too.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 09:07:31 PM by Sparks » Logged
douglas

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: February 04, 2018, 04:03:23 PM »

Now I've got everything I'm selling on eBay. Click here, and happy bidding.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 76 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: