STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 17, 2019, 10:14:13 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 80 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 340025 times)
DecadesofSun

View Profile
« Reply #945 on: March 21, 2018, 01:57:42 AM »

Thanks mate. Going to break up the photos and the second half can be a response to you. Wink

« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 02:05:09 AM by DecadesofSun » Logged
Cheeky_ULP

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 21, 2018, 02:33:21 AM »

I see my wagons are enjoying their own little shed
DecadesofSun

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 21, 2018, 02:36:16 AM »

I see my wagons are enjoying their own little shed

Were you the one who sold them to me? If so, thanks again.
angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 22, 2018, 11:41:25 AM »

I like your pictures. It's very colorful and inspiring.
HLC Railroad

Steam Locomotive Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 22, 2018, 04:19:41 PM »

Really nice Tidmouth Sheds, but I'm more interested in you Hiro custom, Hiro's always been my favorite CGI character ever since Hero of the Rails came out. I've been saying for years that bachmann should make him, maybe one day...

With all these people building their own replica Thomas characters, soon we may have no choice but to have 4K Thomas and Friends remakes.

Thomas:Done | James:Recently Complete | Sir Handel:Finished | Gordon: Needs Paint and Eye Mechanism | Henry: Cad and Chassis

Need I say more?
DecadesofSun

View Profile
« Reply #950 on: March 22, 2018, 05:18:12 PM »

I like your pictures. It's very colorful and inspiring.

Thank you, glad you like them.

Really nice Tidmouth Sheds, but I'm more interested in you Hiro custom, Hiro's always been my favorite CGI character ever since Hero of the Rails came out. I've been saying for years that bachmann should make him, maybe one day...

Glad someone noticed him. I actually just updated him yesterday with a Trackmaster face, nameplates and coal. He's not perfect and still has a long way to go, but he's getting better with time. I hope to thin the stripes and some other places where the paint is too thick at some point.

CC55

View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 22, 2018, 10:22:01 PM »

Hey DecadesofSun, I love your models of hiro and big city engine Iím pretty sure. I was wondering if you could tell us how you made those models and from what engines? I think a lot of people are pretty interested in what models and how well detailed they are. Thanks!

-CC55
DecadesofSun

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 22, 2018, 11:13:07 PM »

Hey DecadesofSun, I love your models of hiro and big city engine Iím pretty sure. I was wondering if you could tell us how you made those models and from what engines? I think a lot of people are pretty interested in what models and how well detailed they are. Thanks!

-CC55

Hey, thanks for your interest. I didn't make BCE, actually. He was made by another Thomas modeller and sold to me, though I know he's essentially just an old Hornby Patriot locomotive with a Wooden Railway face and a paintjob. Hiro however I did make, and he's not done yet. He's a Katsumi Brass Models D-51 produced in 1977, originally numbered D51-208, with a Trackmaster face and nameplate stickers (which I'll probably replace eventually). Being made of brass, he's the heaviest in my collection but I grabbed the first D-51 I could find as I'd been searching the market for years before it showed up from a seller in Germany.
DrNickRiviera995

View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 23, 2018, 12:57:11 AM »

Love the photos and customs!  Nice job.
TerencetheTractor525

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: March 23, 2018, 11:08:32 AM »

Wonderful job DecadesofSun! I find the sunset backdrop especially impressive. Did you make it yourself?
DecadesofSun

View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 23, 2018, 04:42:09 PM »

Love the photos and customs!  Nice job.

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Wonderful job DecadesofSun! I find the sunset backdrop especially impressive. Did you make it yourself?

I did, thanks for noticing. Smiley Everything on here was hand-made in one way or another including the backdrop. It's several pieces of grey illustration board cut to size and seamed together on the back, with acrylic paints on the front. First layer was a white undercoat, second layer was a mixed blue mid-coat, followed by two coats of blended colors on top.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 04:43:50 PM by DecadesofSun » Logged
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: March 31, 2018, 02:20:24 PM »

Looks like Skarloey and Rheneas are having an egg-citing time at the club's Easter show!
angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #957 on: March 31, 2018, 05:02:25 PM »

I hop that they don't get broken.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 01, 2018, 01:04:55 AM »

They're both fine, but he did try to hop away with them...
TrainMan2001

View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 01, 2018, 09:58:29 PM »

Do you have any pictures of them running around the show layout? If so, could you post them please?

Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 80 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: