STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 20, 2019, 10:13:54 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 81 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 349761 times)
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #960 on: April 01, 2018, 10:47:43 PM »

Only took one other picture for the club, but you can see that I made some modifications to Skarloey and Rheneas.

I'm redoing part of my mountain soon so more pictures of that will be coming soon in the narrow gauge thread.
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: April 02, 2018, 12:19:04 AM »

Due to personal reasons...and a bad case of the flu, I haven't really posted in a while. So with that in mind, I must say, DecadesOfSun, I really like the Hiro custom that you made from a D51 kit! I also really like Big City Engine, I think it looks fantastic. The layout backdrop is stunning and I also really like your Tidmouth Sheds, the paint on them is fantastically done! Smiley

Chaz, I really like the inclusion of the grey/silver buffers on Skarloey and Rheneas that you've done. Same for Skarloey's gold funnel band. I was always a sucker for Season 4 though, so it's fairly unsurprising that I'd like these inclusions. But nevertheless, well done on them, they look great Smiley

~Alex
TerencetheTractor525

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: April 15, 2018, 12:14:37 AM »

It looks like all of the new 2018 products are now listed on the Bachmann website, with the exception of the HO Spiteful Brake Van and Narrow Gauge Red and Blue Carriages. Does anyone know why that is?

Additionally, if I am not mistaken, the Bachmann TCA Open House for Spring 2018 is coming up! Hopefully, Jack Lynch will show us a close-up on Paxton and the Large Scale Spiteful Brake Van.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #963 on: April 15, 2018, 02:04:36 AM »

Strange how the HO spiteful brake van is not listed yet, but is on sites like Trainworld.  Even more strange that there is still no proper photo of the large scale spiteful brake van on the web store either.  I'm sure they will be updated soon though.

I imagine the narrow gauge coaches will probably be out next year since they will be a new tooling, unlike everything else that got announced this year.  I too would love to see a close-up of Paxton and the spiteful brake van myself, maybe Rusty too if we are lucky.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 02:14:01 AM by Chaz » Logged
TrainshockeylifE

View Profile
« Reply #964 on: April 15, 2018, 07:49:12 AM »

I think that since Bachmann is bringing Gordon’s coaches back maybe they’ll bring the red express coaches back.
angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: April 15, 2018, 01:12:41 PM »

I'm surprised that the Narrow gauge coaches don't have a price tag.

I thought the price for Gordon's coaches were little high. $60 some but I'm afraid they will be sold out before that can be on sale. I only need 5.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: April 26, 2018, 12:46:51 PM »

In case you haven't seen already, someone has listed early prototype models of the HO Toby and Emily models.

Here are the links:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bachmann-HO-two-Prototypes-of-Toby-Engine-from-Thomas-the-Tank-Engin-Lot-2086/112940776050?hash=item1a4bcb7a72:g:zMgAAOSw2HJa01U2

(Deleted Emily link because of how long it is)

Too bad they are local pickup only, I would love to have Toby... makes me feel nostalgic to the older days on the forum when we were waiting for these models to come out back then.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 09:57:19 AM by Chaz » Logged
Cheeky_ULP

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: April 26, 2018, 02:17:56 PM »

Iv'e seen people saying it's local pick up only, but the only information I see on the page about shipping is:
Shipping:
The buyer is responsible for paying all shipping costs and arranging for shipping and delivery with the seller.

Additional shipping details from the seller:
All shipments are shipped by UPS within US borders. Orders outside the US are shipped by the US Postal Service. Actual shipping charges plus the cost of the packing and materials are added to the invoices. Please be patient, we ship thousands of items and it does take some time to properly pack your new purchase. We want it to arrive safely!
Which doesn't mention anything about local pick up only, unless there's another page of information.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: April 26, 2018, 03:51:27 PM »

Interesting, it says local pick-up only for me, and I'm using eBay mobile.  Switching it to the desktop, it shows exactly what you copied.

I was curious about these and emailed Doug about them, here is some history behind these models.

These used to belong to Lee Riley (former product director of Bachmann) who sadly passed away two years ago.  Doug still holds on to the rest of the hand samples of the other models, but Toby and Emily were Lee's favorite models so Doug gave these to him. His family is selling them as part of an estate sale at Stout Auctions on May 5.  This is perfectly okay according to Doug and it will be very interesting to se what kind of prices these go for.
BassTbone

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: April 26, 2018, 08:45:10 PM »

ThomasFan247

View Profile
« Reply #970 on: April 27, 2018, 10:15:48 AM »

That Smudger looks awesome dude! I've been following your progress with him on Twitter. Super lovely stuff!

On another note, earlier this month was my ten year anniversary on YouTube, and in honor of that I finally got around to doing a tour of my layout. For anyone who's interested, here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqisSiqQFqw
Rodimus Supreme

View Profile
« Reply #971 on: April 27, 2018, 08:43:54 PM »

LOVE the Smudger custom so far! Is that a Bachmann Rheneas repainted, or a new body from another locomotive?

Also, does anyone know how difficult it would be to swap the motor and potentially gearbox out of a Bachmann Thomas and Friends locomotive with a motor and whatever other parts needed from another locomotive? Have thought about doing this if I can ever get time, money, space, and skill to build a layout.  Cheesy
PasqualeCS96

View Profile
« Reply #972 on: April 28, 2018, 01:47:19 PM »

That Smudger looks awesome dude! I've been following your progress with him on Twitter. Super lovely stuff!

On another note, earlier this month was my ten year anniversary on YouTube, and in honor of that I finally got around to doing a tour of my layout. For anyone who's interested, here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqisSiqQFqw

Wonderful video and layout!

I must ask though, is your engine and carriage shed connected to the main lines of your layout? It was difficult to determine; they appeared on their own.
BassTbone

View Profile
« Reply #973 on: April 29, 2018, 08:32:14 AM »

Thanks everyone.  Its a Bachmann Rheneas repainted and modified. 
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #974 on: April 30, 2018, 09:59:26 AM »

It looks like all of the new 2018 products are now listed on the Bachmann website, with the exception of the HO Spiteful Brake Van and Narrow Gauge Red and Blue Carriages. Does anyone know why that is?

Just thought I would follow through with this post that the HO spiteful brake van is now listed in the Bachmann webstore. Smiley

Smudger looks great Michael, definitely has me tempted to make my own one day to join along the Duke model you sold me.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 81 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: