STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 21, 2019, 12:31:38 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 81 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 349943 times)
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: October 23, 2018, 04:40:51 PM »

I just think it's a little weird to say that you can't have Spiteful Brakevan and Regular Brakevan at the same time. Especially when we have two Salt Wagons and (more importantly) two different versions of the same character (Diesel and Grumpy Diesel).

Troublesome truck #5 was announced after the salt wagon got discontinued, so the presence of that and the range, as well as the spiteful brake van in place of the regular brake van is warranted from Bachmann.  Diesel still being out while Grumpy Diesel is overdoing it, I agree, but if Diesel gets discontinued next year then Grumpy Diesel would make more sense.
Streak

Hello, glad to be here! "Ew Aw Few Few"

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: October 23, 2018, 07:15:00 PM »

Well technically there still are two salt wagons still. The Sodor Salt Wagon and Troublesome Truck #5. They even came out the same year: 2016. I know there was one discontinued a while back. I was just talking about the recent ones.

I do agree that the two Diesels are rather odd. If Diesel was to be discontinued, would Grumpy Diesel's name be changed to Diesel or would it simply stay Grumpy Diesel.

And do you think this thing could happen with future recolors? Recolors like LBSC Thomas or Black James could probably coexist with their counterparts, but a Silver Spencer would probably replace the original. But what about Red Rosie? If Red Rosie was released, would regular Rosie get discontinued or are they different enough to warrant both existing? I wouldn't mind if Red Rosie just came and replaced Rosie, I'd just need to get regular Rosie before they did.
metal4life

View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: October 23, 2018, 10:43:07 PM »

Not trying to argue, this is just a question. Was Spiteful Brakevan a really requested model (at least back before it was made in Large Scale)? I never heard anyone talking about it.

Perhaps not immediately recently, but Spiteful Brakevan was indeed mentioned in countless wishlist and prediction threads in the past decade, pretty much since the inception of the T&F board here on the website. It does make me wonder why now of all times Bachmann chose to produce it. If not for variety's sake, then maybe to gauge potential success in model-era characters/rolling stock?
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: October 24, 2018, 12:00:40 AM »

Well technically there still are two salt wagons still. The Sodor Salt Wagon and Troublesome Truck #5. They even came out the same year: 2016. I know there was one discontinued a while back. I was just talking about the recent ones.

I do agree that the two Diesels are rather odd. If Diesel was to be discontinued, would Grumpy Diesel's name be changed to Diesel or would it simply stay Grumpy Diesel.

And do you think this thing could happen with future recolors? Recolors like LBSC Thomas or Black James could probably coexist with their counterparts, but a Silver Spencer would probably replace the original. But what about Red Rosie? If Red Rosie was released, would regular Rosie get discontinued or are they different enough to warrant both existing? I wouldn't mind if Red Rosie just came and replaced Rosie, I'd just need to get regular Rosie before they did.

The Sodor Salt wagon is only a recolor.  Bachmannís done several of those with wagons, tankers, vans, mail car, and even the Diesel tooling for ĎArry, Bert and Paxton.  I can easily justify the presence of that over the two Diesel models since at least those have different liveries and would make sense for consumers who would want both salt wagons.

No idea what they would do with Grumpy Diesel if the other Diesel model gets discontinued.  I could see it going either way.

I could easily see the LBSC Thomas, black James, and especially the red Rosie happen if they decide to stick with recolors again next year for HO.   The two Thomas and James models would probably coexist with each other, but I could probably see the red Rosie replacing the other Rosie model since a few people complained that the final model wasnít in the up-to-date livery.  I donít see them updating Spencer's livery though, the livery matches what was shown in seasons 7-8 and the model was announced before the 10th season which is when Spencer had a more silver livery compared to the blue-grey used in S7-8.

Streak

View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: October 24, 2018, 12:10:04 AM »

Perhaps not immediately recently, but Spiteful Brakevan was indeed mentioned in countless wishlist and prediction threads in the past decade, pretty much since the inception of the T&F board here on the website. It does make me wonder why now of all times Bachmann chose to produce it. If not for variety's sake, then maybe to gauge potential success in model-era characters/rolling stock?

If that is the case, maybe Rosie was a way for Bachmann to gauge interest in new series characters (if so, then that's not good for new series characters, considering her sales. Hopefully a Red Rosie could fix that). Then again, they kind of already did that with Jeremy. I mean I'm sure they also made her because she's female, was pink, and is arguably the most recognizable new series character. I'd love to see S8-S12 characters like Stanley, Whiff, or Neville not only in Bachmann but in the show as well. Thinking about it there's only four: Rosie, Rocky, Stanley, and Whiff, in the current show.

I think that Spiteful Brakevan might have been made also because he was an easy model to make. For Large Scale, all they had to do was give the regular brake van a face. That's probably why they made it for LS first and then saw how many people wanted it in HO Scale too and acted accordingly.
angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: October 24, 2018, 08:36:45 PM »

We also have to remember that Rosie was created in her pink and white scheme. Before the show decided to do a complete repaint in a dark maroon NWR markings.
It's takes a company at least 2-3 years to make a model and mold. If I really wanted Rosie I wouldn't be crying over a paint change.

If Bachmann wanted to they could make original Henry, but that's a very long shot. I don't really understand why Henry still needs special coal after his new shape. However my thought was that he was already a good candidate for special needs.
Streak

View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: October 27, 2018, 03:20:34 AM »

Since we've talked about character renders before on this thread, I thought I'd talk about this little development. A video released on the official Thomas UK channel today called "Why is Africa Important to Nia?" (which is a genuinely good video btw). Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6X5nZZ5jhk

Not only does it shows off some rerendered clips from BWBA and much improved lighting in the Sodor sequence but James can be seen puffing out of the shed and something's... different about him. It seems that Jam Filled have updated James' model. Here's a list of the changes:

• Golden Handrails have been added to Cab and Tender
  • Boiler Bands are now 3D instead of painted on. Same with Cab Window Frames
  • Rivet Detail added to Bufferbeam, Smokebox, Boiler, Cab, and Cab Roof

Also, James might possibly be scaled down although it's hard to tell. Either way, all these changes make James look much more detailed without losing his overall classic design. He simply looks splendid. Many fans on Twitter have stressed that they want the post Arc models especially the Steam Team to be updated with the more realistic details of the post S17 models (ever since Rosie got redesigned) and it looks like Jam Filled is starting to listen. Not only will the rest of the Steam Team probably get similar design changes but characters with iffy models like Oliver, Duncan, and Bulgy might get the fix they need.

What do you all think of James' new model? Which character models would you like changed? Personally, while it is a long shot, I'd like them to give Toby his blue sideplates from the RWS. Maybe then he'll sell more to kids. Also, Stanley would be great with some rivet detailing too. Leave your thoughts down below. Good night y'all. Peace.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 09:50:17 AM by Streak » Logged
TrainMan2001

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: October 27, 2018, 06:32:32 PM »

I actually like the changes they made to James. I just wish that the handrails could have been silver instead of gold, so they would be consistent with the ones on his boiler. I also wish that they did this earlier, because I don't really like the new series that much (even though I don't mind what happened with Edward and Nia). I can't stand Rebecca or the dream sequences. James has been a little over the top for my liking as well. However, I do admit that the movie wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, although the scenes in America could have been done better.

In other words, I wouldn't mind seeing changes like these being done to the rest of the original 7 engines, other than maybe Toby. I think Toby is already fairly accurate to his basis. I am particularly interested in what they would do with Thomas and Percy.

Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.
Streak

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: October 27, 2018, 09:39:25 PM »

I actually like the changes they made to James. I just wish that the handrails could have been silver instead of gold, so they would be consistent with the ones on his boiler. I also wish that they did this earlier, because I don't really like the new series that much (even though I don't mind what happened with Edward and Nia). I can't stand Rebecca or the dream sequences. James has been a little over the top for my liking as well. However, I do admit that the movie wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, although the scenes in America could have been done better.

In other words, I wouldn't mind seeing changes like these being done to the rest of the original 7 engines, other than maybe Toby. I think Toby is already fairly accurate to his basis. I am particularly interested in what they would do with Thomas and Percy.

I kind of like the golden handrails honestly. Maybe they would be better silver, I'd have to see. I think Toby could gain some rivet details at least, just so that he's consistent with the other engines if they get rivets. I do hope they would give the non-Steam Team members (i.e. Spencer, Whiff, Stanley, Mavis, Salty) from S13-15 extra details as well too.

But honestly, while this may be off topic, I need to show this.

https://twitter.com/ThomasTankMerch/status/1056347268083863552

LOOK AT THIS BEAUTIFUL BOY! WE'VE FOUND OUR SLEEPING BEAUTY!!!!!!! AAAAAAHHH!!!!

That is all.  Tongue Grin
TrainMan2001

View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: October 27, 2018, 10:19:22 PM »

I kind of like the golden handrails honestly. Maybe they would be better silver, I'd have to see. I think Toby could gain some rivet details at least, just so that he's consistent with the other engines if they get rivets. I do hope they would give the non-Steam Team members (i.e. Spencer, Whiff, Stanley, Mavis, Salty) from S13-15 extra details as well too.

But honestly, while this may be off topic, I need to show this.

https://twitter.com/ThomasTankMerch/status/1056347268083863552

LOOK AT THIS BEAUTIFUL BOY! WE'VE FOUND OUR SLEEPING BEAUTY!!!!!!! AAAAAAHHH!!!!

That is all.  Tongue Grin

What happened? Is Duke being put back into the series? Sorry. My computer doesn't allow me to see twitter.

Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.
Streak

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: October 27, 2018, 10:36:49 PM »

@ThomasTankMerch on Twitter has the official S4 model of Duke. It looks a little bit off because after Season 5, they were repainting it from Bertram to Duke but it was left unfinished. It's currently a more nougat brown and he has no red on his bufferbeam but it's still AMAZING!!! @ThomasTankMerch also has Sir Handel's S4 Model and the New Series Large Scale Trevor Model (I think). If you ever get Twitter working on your computer, I recommend looking at their models.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 10:38:36 PM by Streak » Logged
Streak

View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: October 29, 2018, 08:23:10 PM »

@ThomasTankMerch on Twitter has the official S4 model of Duke. It looks a little bit off because after Season 5, they were repainting it from Bertram to Duke but it was left unfinished. It's currently a more nougat brown and he has no red on his bufferbeam but it's still AMAZING!!! @ThomasTankMerch also has Sir Handel's S4 Model and the New Series Large Scale Trevor Model (I think). If you ever get Twitter working on your computer, I recommend looking at their models.

I was going to mention the fact that people on Twitter are gonna want Bachmann to make Duke now because of this but I guess I'm a little too late for that.

https://twitter.com/turtlesanthomas/status/1056733012325490691

Grin
HLC Railroad

Steam Locomotive Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: October 30, 2018, 05:58:28 PM »

Duke is lost no longer!

With all these people building their own replica Thomas characters, soon we may have no choice but to have 4K Thomas and Friends remakes.

Thomas:Done | James:Recently Complete | Sir Handel:Finished | Gordon: Needs Paint and Eye Mechanism | Henry: Cad and Chassis

Need I say more?
Duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1108 on: November 01, 2018, 10:33:41 AM »

He's such a beautiful model  Shocked

Thomas Picture Quiz: http://www.sporcle.com/games/WiiJAY87/thomas--friends-picturequiz
Thomas - Henry - Percy/Toby/Emily - Spencer - Gordon/James - Edward/Mavis - Salty - Bill/Ben - Donald/Douglas - Diesel - Duck - 'Arry - Bert - Skarloey - Oliver - Rheneas/Rosie
TrainshockeylifE

View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: November 07, 2018, 09:31:19 AM »

Still no update on the narrow gauge coaches? No pictures? Or a prototype?
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 81 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: