STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 21, 2019, 12:33:17 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 81 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 349950 times)
Streak

Hello, glad to be here! "Ew Aw Few Few"

View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: December 11, 2018, 10:37:21 PM »

Definitely agreed on seeing how sad things have been witnessing how Mattel has been handling the Thomas and Friends brand.  At the same time, can you really blame Andrew Brenner for stepping down?

Andrew Brenner didn't leave because of the direction the show was heading, Sodor Island Forums said he wanted to work on other shows and he couldn't do that and be head writer for Thomas at the same time. That's why he wrote ZERO episodes for S20, he was working on a show called "Pablo". (In fact that's where he met Michael White, the fan writer) If he didn't like the direction the show is going then he would have dropped out way earlier.

People forget that we're not the audience of this show. Overtime kids are going to loose interest in shows like Thomas and Friends. After talking with my dad (who's works in these kinds of businesses), I've realized that Mattel didn't ruin Thomas, time did. Overtime the world changes and nowadays kids aren't as interested at trains anymore. Thomas isn't a powerhouse anymore because kids have lost interest. This is why they've cut corners on the toys, cut corners on the animation, and have changed the show entirely. And seeing how the show's sales and ratings have been increasing since the BWBA change, shows that this is what is going to please the kids of today. I'm not saying Mattel isn't at fault at all here. If they were a better toy company, they would make better decisions on what to cut and not to cut and would stop making things worse in terms of toys. But now with BWBA a success with kids, they may improve the quality of the toys and address the problems that PARENTS have with them, not us. (Do you really think Wood was changed because we hated it? They changed it because the parents hated it.)

I know I said I would stop with the long posts but I needed to get this out of my system.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 10:41:17 PM by Streak » Logged
HLC Railroad

Steam Locomotive Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: December 11, 2018, 11:14:43 PM »

I think we all just need to vent our frustrations with something that has been a major part of our childhood and subsequently our lives being altered to the point where itís almost unrecognizable. Iíve recently gone back and rewatch many of the episodes from Season 1-4, and then compared to some very recent episodes. It has been changed dramatically.

What Iím really disappointed in is the TrackMaster line being turned into something different than what it was intended. TrackMaster was always supposed to allow kids to build something  and then watch it he brought to life. You can make changes and make altercations to your design but itís almost magical watching an engine run around something that you made. But now theyíve replaced the motorized trains with push along adventures models. At this point itís just a slightly larger version of TakeíníPlay without the idea of it being easily packed up and transported.

It also leaves a big gap between kids who want to get into model trains, which is becoming a bigger problem. I volunteer at a museum that shows the history of the railroading in the area primarily through model layouts, and itís primarily handled by 6 men all older than 50. Kids just arenít interested in model railroading like they used to be. I feel like Tomy and later TrackMaster was a good transition between the toy trains and the real model railroading. Now I donít see that, and there are times where Iíve seen kids get a Bachmann layout and think itís not working properly because they jumped right into it and have no idea what theyíre doing.

I also feel like the idea of Thomas and Friends has slowly faded in the show. It used to be about how itís ok to be cheeky and play jokes, but that you have to prepared for the consequences. That message still stuck a little bit, but when it is used it feels more forced than it used to be. The original series used these messages in a more subtle way, but in a way itís till stuck, and isnít that the point of childrenís shows, to teach lessons while not making it painfully obvious youíre teaching a lesson?

Thatís just my 2 cents.
Atleast you canít erase the beauty of the original 4 seasons.

HLC Railrod

With all these people building their own replica Thomas characters, soon we may have no choice but to have 4K Thomas and Friends remakes.

Thomas:Done | James:Recently Complete | Sir Handel:Finished | Gordon: Needs Paint and Eye Mechanism | Henry: Cad and Chassis

Need I say more?
Streak

View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: December 12, 2018, 01:07:21 AM »

Yeah, it's just sad to see that most of the kids today would rather play with IPads and App Games than physical toys and trains. Honestly, I don't hate Mattel for what's happening to the Thomas line, in fact I feel more sorry for them. With the little money they can put into the line, they have to cut more and more corners. People complain why do they not make the toys like they used to. The problem is they can't make them like that without money and they can't take money out of their other successful brands because that's bad business. If Mattel didn't care about this brand and want it to succeed, they would have canceled the whole show and line years ago. Kids have lost interest and older fans hate the new stuff so of course their sales are dwindling, meaning they have to cut more corners and that just makes things worse. It's a vicious cycle and ironically the glimmer of hope they have of saving this franchise is Big World Big Adventures.

It's sad to say but kids don't want to see Thomas going around the tracks like a normal steam engine anymore. They want him sailing across the ocean or flying in the sky, seeing the world. This is what the ratings and reception of BWBA tell me. If BWBA succeeds then we could see more quality being put into the show and the toys. And honestly I'm fine with BWBA continuing. While a little dull in some eps, S22 struck a decent balance between normal Thomas and the Thomas that will draw in new viewers. That's why most of the new stuff is in the form of dream sequences. If they wanted to, they could have made Thomas fly around and turn into rockets all the time but he doesn't. And I'm fine with it being this way, honestly S22 and BWBA the Movie weren't that bad in my opinion (I actually like Nia and Rebecca plz don't hound me). I'm actually kind of intrigued and interested to see Thomas go to Italy next season. Maybe it'll be fun. As for Andrew Brenner leaving. He wants to do other stuff and I wish him luck. He wasn't always the best writer when it came to pacing and development but he knew the series well. Maybe the new head writer will be good? Who knows? With Davey Moore and Michael White still there, I'm sure he'll do just fine with their help. Hopefully, he/she will at least know how to keep character development consistent.

Btw HLC Railroad, just as an FYI, the Trackmaster Motorized engines have not been discontinued. The Adventures die cast engines have been discontinued and replaced by Trackmaster Push Along engines (probably so they can reuse the track and save money). These Push Along engines and the Motorized ones are going to co-exist under the Trackmaster name. They just announced more Motorized Trackmaster stuff coming out next year. Just wanted to clarify that to you.
Cheeky_ULP

View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: December 12, 2018, 01:59:24 PM »

Thomas was doing fine in the 2010s-2012s and there were plenty of iPads and other toys to compete with the brand.

If you want to know what really happened, look no further than a franchise that emerged the following year; Paw Patrol. This show rose up right as Thomas was bought by Mattel, and it shook up the kids show industry. It makes money, a LOT of money, money that Mattel wanted Thomas to have. Mattel got scarred when Thomas wasn't making as much money as they hoped the brand would, and felt the pressure intensely around 2015, which is pretty much when Paw Patrols popularity really began to boom.

The issue rises in that Thomas has been through storms like this before (Dora in the 2000s), and held its grip. Shoot, Thomas was JUST entering the American market when things like Toy Story and the Lion King exploded in popularity, and Thomas trucked through the 90s just fine. Thomas has historically been a more "upper-middle class" brand that you wouldn't typically see in places like Walmart or Target, and made a profit on this market that expected and got higher quality toys than more popular brands. However, these decisions were done by HiT Entertainment, who had found that niche worked for them in the market. Thomas stayed the way he was through the early 2000s, and was able to survive as a brand while Dora faded into the past. Paw Patrol is something HiT Entertainment would've rolled their eyes at. Mattel went into a panic when it took the world of kids franchises by a storm.

Mattel, on the other hand, would rather Thomas as a brand being made cheaper and more accessible to every class market. Mattel foudn that Thomas' "upper-middle class" toy quality wouldn't really work in places like Walmart or Target, so they began to cheapen the toys. They changed the brand of wood the Wooden range was made in, started making the wheels hollow, shrinking various parts of the trains, etc. until they just full blown redesigned the range into Wood to be as cheap and "accessible" as possible. The slow changes to Take N Play and Trackmaster over the years have been similar attempts to cheapen and homogenize the brand until they are one unit as Trackmaster/Adventures. This is because the more casual market found in places like Target/Walmart find the multiple ranges and track styles confusing, and don't like it when they don't work together (this is why the "Super Station" was so heavily marketed).

That's not even getting into how Toys R Us' bankruptcy was a huge dent into their plans to do a big launch for the "Wood" range.

The show itself changed to be more diverse, inclusive, and wacky is also another direct attempt to compete with other brands, rather than let Thomas do its own thing. These are PR attempts to make the brand look relevant to a more youthful and progressive-minded audience. Judging from Facebook replies from even normal parents, this backfired, as even Facebook Moms would point out characters like Rosie, Mavis and Ashima were already in the show, which they are absolutely right. The show didn't "need" Nia or Rebecca, it needed to give the spotlight to females they had already established. Anyway, that's steering off course a bit.

Either way, these are decisions being made to make sure the people working on Thomas still have jobs, first and foremost. In the grand scheme of things, Ian McCue will do his best to make sure he and many other people still have jobs working for Thomas the same way they have been, whether it means flipping the franchise upside down on its head to do so (because otherwise, Mattel was ready to start downsizing things).

Thomas has survived as a brand for 70 years, anyone who tells you kids are getting "disinterested" is selling you a load of nonsense. The brand is going downhill because Mattel is trying to make Thomas into something that can compete with Paw Patrol, while spending as little money as possible to get there.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: December 12, 2018, 03:32:52 PM »

I actually work with children as a special education assistant, and I have actually witnessed kids losing interest in the new version of Thomas or the newer Thomas toys and focus on other programs like Paw Patrol, Super Why, and in the case of merchandise, would rather play with BeyBlades, or dinosaur figures.  Even whenever the trains do get taken out, they play with the older Trackmaster toys because they are free-wheeled, whereas the newer Trackmaster toys that are there don't get any attention at allbecause the wheels are locked, not allowing the child to have free-play without batteries.  Some of the children who are autistic actually PREFER Thomas before BWBA because of the slower pace and how things were nowhere near as cartoony or fast-paced as some of the moments from Journey Beyond Sodor, (and inevitably Big World Big Adventures).  So no, it's not just me or some other older fans who don't support the direction of the franchise, but clearly a reasonable portion of the target audience isn't feeling it all that much either.  The whole ďWe are not the target audienceĒ argument never works because when that audience isnít enjoying the changes either, thatís when you know a company is failing to satisfy its customers.

It actually ties in perfectly with what HLC Railroad brought up in his most recent post.  Brands like Trackmaster and Wooden Railway can potentially help children get into the hobby of model trains, with models from Bachmann and Lionel to be a "stepping stone" to allow people to get into the hobby of model trains, or at the very least support the Bachmann Thomas range.  However, when ranges make drastic changes that result in what made the earlier toy ranges "magical" for the younger audience, it is ultimately what is going to hurt the franchise, in more ways than one.

At the end of the day, a controversial revamp of the series will not fix the problem that Mattel is facing with the Thomas and Friends brand, regardless of whatever optimistic views you choose to have, better quality toys and merchandise will.
Streak

View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: December 12, 2018, 05:17:08 PM »

I guess so. You're probably right about the whole Paw Patrol thing. I still think that the rebrand isn't that bad though. I'll still stand by that. I like it more than S13-S16 and there are things about it that I personally really enjoy.

It's definitely not perfect though. I think if Hasbro were to get the rights to the franchise they could really take it places. If I was in charge of the series, I would reboot the entire series and pull a MLP: FIM and Ducktales 2017 by making it a slice of life/serialized hybrid show. I'd make it a show for older kids, not preschoolers, and I'd make it a typical cartoon run time of 22 minutes. The stories would be much more complex and in depth the characters would all have their own arcs and development. Some characters would get changed up, some would be completely removed, but I'd keep the current Steam Team the same (that means Nia and Rebecca would stay). I'd add Toby back onto the Steam Team to make it an even team of 8. Granted, I don't know how well this would do but this is just what I'd want to do with the series.

What would you guys do to the series if you could do whatever you wanted with it. Little rule: you can't just say make the show exactly how it was before BWBA. Be creative. What do YOU want Thomas to be?

I'm mainly asking this question so we can steer away from the whole Mattel "ruined" Thomas thing for now. We need a break from negativity.  Smiley
SeanrailAnimations

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1131 on: December 12, 2018, 05:50:33 PM »

I guess so. You're probably right about the whole Paw Patrol thing. I still think that the rebrand isn't that bad though. I'll still stand by that. I like it more than S13-S16 and there are things about it that I personally really enjoy.

It's definitely not perfect though. I think if Hasbro were to get the rights to the franchise they could really take it places. If I was in charge of the series, I would reboot the entire series and pull a MLP: FIM and Ducktales 2017 by making it a slice of life/serialized hybrid show. I'd make it a show for older kids, not preschoolers, and I'd make it a typical cartoon run time of 22 minutes. The stories would be much more complex and in depth the characters would all have their own arcs and development. Some characters would get changed up, some would be completely removed, but I'd keep the current Steam Team the same (that means Nia and Rebecca would stay). I'd add Toby back onto the Steam Team to make it an even team of 8. Granted, I don't know how well this would do but this is just what I'd want to do with the series.

What would you guys do to the series if you could do whatever you wanted with it. Little rule: you can't just say make the show exactly how it was before BWBA. Be creative. What do YOU want Thomas to be?

I'm mainly asking this question so we can steer away from the whole Mattel "ruined" Thomas thing for now. We need a break from negativity.  Smiley
How I would do the reboot series my way:

1. Reorganise the steam team to include engines 1 to 11 (Thomas, Edward, Henry, Gordon, Percy, Toby, Duck, Donald & Douglas and Oliver), Emily, Rebecca and Nia. That's how the current steam team should be, which in turn will please both old and new Thomas & Friends fans.

2. Follow the trend since season 17 of having the last six episodes having a theme; in the BWBA case, have the last six episodes concentrating on a part of the world Thomas has visited in the BWBA Movie every year (e.g. One year could show Thomas's adventures in Africa most appropriately as it was the first continent Thomas saw in the film and could have episodes about Nia's origins. The next year could be about Thomas,s adventures in China, India, Australia, etc.)

3. Continue with adapting RWS stories.

4. Maybe have a special showing the origins of Sir Topham Hatt and how he became The Fat Controller we know today.

What do you think of my ideas?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 02:03:10 PM by sean1994rail » Logged
Rodimus Supreme

View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: December 13, 2018, 02:37:17 PM »

The only changes Iíd want to make that are changes that should be made are the very ones you said not to say. Why ask a question and then tell people they canít give the obviously correct answer? If I could control it, Iíd have the first episode of Season 23 be another BWBA episode, but even more absurd and terrible as usual, then at the end Thomas would wake up in Tidmouth Sheds and tell Edward about this really weird and absurd dream he had. Then go from there, basically erasing BWBA from existence. Undo every unnecessary change Mattel made, and be more picky with what writers theyíd get. Heck, if Mattel finally does get bought like it almost has twice now, Iíd prefer to see Hasbro buy them and get rid of CGI and buy up every single model and set from the Model Series as possible, and just do it with the actual models again.

The CGI Series was never as good as the Model Series, and BWBA is killing the brand, not saving it.
Streak

View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: December 13, 2018, 05:26:33 PM »

The only changes Iíd want to make that are changes that should be made are the very ones you said not to say. Why ask a question and then tell people they canít give the obviously correct answer? If I could control it, Iíd have the first episode of Season 23 be another BWBA episode, but even more absurd and terrible as usual, then at the end Thomas would wake up in Tidmouth Sheds and tell Edward about this really weird and absurd dream he had. Then go from there, basically erasing BWBA from existence. Undo every unnecessary change Mattel made, and be more picky with what writers theyíd get. Heck, if Mattel finally does get bought like it almost has twice now, Iíd prefer to see Hasbro buy them and get rid of CGI and buy up every single model and set from the Model Series as possible, and just do it with the actual models again.

The CGI Series was never as good as the Model Series, and BWBA is killing the brand, not saving it.

Well I meant if you personally had to rewrite the show. You know how people make those fan series on YouTube? Think of that. Saying that you'd just reset the whole show back to what it was (including bringing back the models) is lazy and unimaginative. Basically imagine if you have to reboot/change the Brenner era (S17-S21) just like BWBA, and I do mean you HAVE to. But I respect your opinion regardless.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 05:50:01 PM by Streak » Logged
Rodimus Supreme

View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: December 19, 2018, 08:12:41 PM »

Well I meant if you personally had to rewrite the show. You know how people make those fan series on YouTube? Think of that. Saying that you'd just reset the whole show back to what it was (including bringing back the models) is lazy and unimaginative. Basically imagine if you have to reboot/change the Brenner era (S17-S21) just like BWBA, and I do mean you HAVE to. But I respect your opinion regardless.
BWBA is factually bad. And your so-called ďlazy and unimaginativeĒ choice is actually the smart and correct thing to do. Like I said, itís the actual, correct answer. They may not need to go back to models, but they definitely need to abandon everything changed and introduced in BWBA, as nobody wanted those changes and they have proven to be bad for the franchise.
Plow Bender

If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it...

View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: December 20, 2018, 12:09:29 AM »

I think that comment right there pretty much put the nail in the coffin.  I don't think anyone else could have made it any clearer than that.

Let's be realistic here and look at where things with the franchise have gone within the last 3-4 years.  Many people whined about how bad the Sharon Miller era was, and to be honest you can't really blame them.  However, when Andrew  Brenner came in during Season 17, it seemed he had a winning formula on his hands, which brought the series back into the spotlight again.  The writing was good, he brought back old characters that people asked for, and even some of the specials he wrote were in no way anything to turn your nose up at.  Yes you still had those who would whine about things just to hear themselves talk, but in the end a majority of the fandom really appreciated what Brenner had done for the series.

2016 seemed to be the year fit hit the shan after The Great Race came out, which did not get a lot of positive reviews.  After the 2 specials Brenner did in 2015 (which were actually good), it seems odd that he would all of a sudden throw together something like The Great Race.  It seemed more like Brenner was confronted by HIT/Mattel and informed that he had his fun, and now he was going to do what they wanted him to.  In reality, The Great Race served the purpose of bringing in a bunch of 1 off characters for merchandising purposes and not much else.  Unlike Mattel, Brenner chose to bring back old characters, not bring in new ones.

Fast forward to where we are now with the series and it's literally like looking at Centralia, Pennsylvania.  You have a show that's pretty much a shadow of its former self, and only continues to die as the years go on.  Believe me when I say that I have taken the time to watch Big World, Big Adventures and I was in no way impressed by it.  The only thing I liked was the comic relief moments, but even then that's not what Thomas is meant to be, nor was it ever.  This isn't a sitcom or a stand up show...  Furthermore, Season 22 wasn't much better, and I barely made it through 2 episodes before I had enough.  Long story short, everything was so bad I'm sure it gave me cancer...

And no, it's not just older fans that are complaining about the direction the show is going.  Many parents have voiced their opinions on the matter as well, and they basically speak for their children who say the same thing.  What really has a lot of people cheesed off is the fact Mattel is trying to make Thomas something it wasn't, isn't, and never will be.  Trying to make the series into something to keep up with the times and compete with other shows is not the right answer.  What is really so wrong with Thomas & Friends just being an original series and doing its own thing like it has in the past?  There's also far too much push for shows like Thomas & Friends to be educational these days, which again is something it was never meant to be, or at least not to the level Mattel is trying to make it. 

It's also a fact that the series has been hit a few times with people playing the sexist card over the years, but to take things to the extreme and push for the show to be gender neutral is about as pointless as a bible at a strip club.  In addition to that, you literally can't take main characters that have been there since the beginning and just suddenly cut them from the main cast.  It would have been a completely different story had Nia and Rebecca just become part of the steam team, but apparently that would be too reasonable.  Take a look at what happened when Emily became a main character.  HIT didn't push out characters like James or Percy, instead they just included Emily.  Mattel could literally have done the same with Nia and Rebecca, but why should they even bother when they could have easily used characters like Rosie or even brought Molly back to the series?

Regardless how you want to dress it up, nothing Mattel is doing with the franchise is positive, it's called being reckless is what it is.  I'm pretty much on board with everyone else's opinion on the downhill decline the series, and quite honestly I don't see things improving at this rate.  Personally I'd rather see the series get canceled, than watch Mattel continue to destroy what once was a classic children's television show which many of us grew up with.  Maybe that's taking it a little to far, but it's just my thoughts on the matter.  I think at the end of the day, changes have to be made even if they are so-called ďlazy and unimaginativeĒ... Roll Eyes

-Rusty

"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid." - John Wayne
Streak

View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: December 20, 2018, 02:33:46 AM »

Look, you are 100% entitled to your opinion on the show but to say that the show is factually bad despite the fact that the show's viewings have been going up and that BWBA has just been nominated for a kids movie award. If you wanna talk facts, let's talk facts. Do a lot of older fans not like the show? No. Is the change benefiting Mattel. Yes and you can't deny that. Despite alienating some of their audience, they've managed to keep some of their audience while drawing in a new audience as well. At the end of the day, this is about money. You guys who are always gauging what characters would be cost effective and marketable for Bachmann to make should know this. Mattel haven't fixed all their problems yet but it's a start. But I may be eating my words and they do something stupid to tank the franchise. I'll still stand by my opinions on BWBA. Do I think Mattel could have fixed their problem in a multitude of other ways. Yes, I do. Judging by MLP, I'm sure Hasbro would do a much better job balancing both audiences in a way that makes everyone happy. And I do have problems with BWBA (the shorter length, the dull eps, the wasted story potential), but I am ready to defend the things I like (Nia and Rebecca, the Sodor eps, the bouncing). The Brenner era had it's fair share of problems and the S13-S16 is far worse than anything that BWBA has done. I'm not afraid to say this and no one else should. People are allowed to like things that people don't like and not get ridiculed for it. It's fine that you don't like the way the show is but saying that the changes are factually bad is basically you saying "If you like any of these changes, then you are not a true Thomas fan" and that's just disgusting.

P.S. You guys seem to like throwing around my lazy and unimaginative quote a lot huh. You seem to have misunderstood what I meant. Changing back to the way it was is lazy and imaginative in my eyes means that either you can't stand to have the show do anything different ever or you can't come up with anything that you would want to do to the show. No ideas. No personal input. Just the same as it always is. Ok, let's change the rules. Let's hypothetically transport back to 2015, the peak of the Brenner era. You are put in charge with the show and you have to (you are forced to) change/reboot the show, but you had completely free reign. You can change anything that you want as long as you change something. But it has to be major, a significant shake-up. What would you do? (I don't even though why I even bother to change the rules to my hypothetical, you guys will just break them anyway.) Also, Plow Bender, do you really think it would've been a good idea to just add Nia and Rebecca to the already bloated main cast just like they did with Emily. The best course of action was to dwindle the cast down and Henry, Edward, and Toby were the easiest ones to remove. (They barely did much anyways especially Edward. Hell, Edward's gotten more screen time as a side character than as a main character.) They worked as main characters in the classic series but they're better as side characters in the current series nowadays.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 07:38:56 PM by Streak » Logged
Cheeky_ULP

View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: December 20, 2018, 03:53:35 PM »

Considering the nomination is for "Best One-Off, Special or TV Movie" and is going up against "The Magical Wand Chase: A Sesame Street Special" and "Beat Bugs: All Together Now," and in the pre-school category, I doubt that's much to write home about, since the bar is already low and the competition minimal. The bigger problem is awards don't make Mattel money, toy sales do.

Which apparently, isn't doing too well. There's low confidence in the company still, and share prices continue to go down. The Christmas season isn't over yet, but we'll definitely get the reports of Mattels Holiday 2018 sales by early 2019.

Mattels doing a lot of thing with the brand, and they definitely aren't working.
Streak

View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: December 20, 2018, 04:14:29 PM »

Oh no, the toys are still not working. They need to fix that. But views on TV are important as well. Granted, for a toy company, toy sales are what Mattel really needs to make better. I can't argue with you there. I'm hoping that maybe the increased attention and views from BWBA will result in Mattel to improve their toys but I'm not sure. They need to give a little to get a little honestly. Maybe I'm a little too hopeful or a little too forgiving of their blunders or what but I do admit they still have many problems to deal with, even if I'm fine with the direction the show is going. Also, I realized that my post was too mean-spirited. I'm sorry if I came off as annoying but I just don't like being told that something that I personally like is "factually wrong" when all I'm stating is my opinion.

Can we all just agree that most of the current Thomas toys are pretty wack and need to be fixed?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 04:52:25 PM by Streak » Logged
Plow Bender

If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it...

View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: December 23, 2018, 05:03:28 PM »

Lovely. I love being ganged up on and having my opinion get put down. Just wonderful! Smiley

You're the one that keeps claiming that you supposedly respect others opinions, yet you also whine and complain every time someone has a different opinion than yours.  Not everyone is going to agree with you all the time, that's life, grow up!  Furthermore, just because no one else here cares for BWBA and what Mattel is doing to the brand, does not mean they are ganging up on you.  That's just you making false accusations and trying to make those who disagree with you look bad.  The real focus here is Mattel and what "THEY" are doing to the series.  It's not always about you, you know...

Furthermore you want to call others out when they say how bad BWBA and the franchise as a whole is doing right now, when in reality most of what they say clearly has factual evidence to back things up.  You on the other hand seem to be pulling assumptions and accusations out of the air every time someone makes a post which goes agents your wishes.  The show is factually bad because there are facts to support this statement.  Did they not teach you about "Fact and Opinion" in school?  You make it seem like BWBA rates right up there with movies like Star Wars, when in reality its more like Plan 9.  As Sparks pointed out in his post, BWBA's performance is deceptive because there's literally no competition in the category of which it is in.  Putting it up agents the current competition is literally like asking someone if they'd rather get a fishhook under their finger nail or step on a Lego brick while barefoot.

In response to the whole lazy and unimaginative ordeal, you're the one that started that.  No one here ever said they had a problem with the show doing something different, that was never the case.  CGI for example wasn't a welcome change to the show back in the day, but overtime it's grown on people because in reality, what the fans want is a series which isn't as fast-paced or cartoony as what we have now.  Other additions like bringing back old characters, bringing in new ones (who actually serve a purpose), and good writing is what fans really want.  There has been a lot of positive changes to the show that people really do appreciate, but BWBA/Season 22 isn't one of them.

It's also funny how you want to call me out on Nia and Rebecca, when I clearly based my opinion off what Mr. Seanrail stated in his post.  You claim the pre Season 22 steam team was a bloated cast, when really there were only 8 characters.  So based on your opinion, if we get rid of 3 engines, and bring in 2 more, then 7 characters is significantly less of a bloated cast compared to 8 characters.  Now if we go off Mr. Seanrail's idea and just add Nia and Rebecca to the steam team, that would bring it up to an even 10, but you claim that 10 characters would make the cast even more bloated than it already is.  So based on your statements, that means we can also conclude that the 10 Commandments is also bloated, and as a result we should cut a few of those too to make way for Nia and Rebecca.  Darn, I wish I was able to be as versatile as you are...  Roll Eyes

-Rusty

"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid." - John Wayne
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 81 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: