News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

turnouts

Started by mdi1962, August 24, 2015, 05:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdi1962

I need help with n scale ez track turnouts. I thought all turnouts were insulated but the turnouts I have which I think are 44861 and 44862 are power routing. I just bought a 44863 and it is insulated. Can someone explain the difference between the three different turnouts listed on the web site. Thanks

Hunt

Depends on when the Bachmann N-gauge turnout produced.

Since early 2012 Bachmann N-gauge turnouts are all routes-live type. Prior to that time, all Bachmann N-gauge turnouts are power-routing type.

mdi1962

Quote from: Hunt on August 25, 2015, 12:48:55 AM
Depends on when the Bachmann N-gauge turnout produced.

Since early 2012 Bachmann N-gauge turnouts are all routes-live type. Prior to that time, all Bachmann N-gauge turnouts are power-routing type.

Thanks, that explains it. The old turnouts are about 10 years old, I just bought the other two

sk8nfool

That's interesting - I purchased 2 each of 44861 and 44862 and both still have the little piece of paper saying they're power routing but are not. A bit aggravating since I was counting on the power routing to solve my reversing loop power problem!

mdi1962

I also have that problem. I have several 44861 & 44862 and they are insulated even though the instructions say they are power routing. Does anyone know a way to convert them back to power routing?

sk8nfool

Be careful - what you describe sounds like you're talking about the Frog - there are directions on the back of the card about how to choose between insulated Frog and powered Frog.

mdi1962

i understand about the frog. I do not need to power it. I want the turnout to switch power as the turnout switches. I want it to be power routing not insulated. All of the new turnouts I find are insulated even though the instructions say they are power routing.