News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Holiday model railroading

Started by Trainman203, September 07, 2015, 10:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainman203

Did any of you travel for the weekend? If so, are you enduring a model-railroad- free weekend? Or did you bring a little project along?

I'm making 36" sections of scenery background: white art foam board, painted green, with lichen and ground foam attached to make a woods background against the wall on the countryside sections of the layout. It's perfect for such a setting and time as this weekend. We are at a shore house in Alabama with a nice shed to work in.

These backgrounds are something I don't want to spend time at home doing when I could be operating. They take no tools other than scissors and glue, and it is not a precision job at all. I'll be able to drop them in place Tuesday when I get home. Instant scenery!

jward

I am on call with the job, so my weekend plans were abruptly cancelled. we were planning to go to Chesapeake bay.

as a substitute, we are planning a cookout at the gallitzen tunnels next weekend.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Trainman203

A trackside cookout?  Now that's pretty cool.

WoundedBear

We spent our weekend at the dragstrip....as we do most summer weekends. This weekend we were testing the new bullet in the dragster......I blew her up a few weeks back.

In between rounds, a few of us got talking about what we do to kill the boredom in winter. I mentioned trains and my buddy Larry says, "my brother owns this place....http://www.eurorailhobbies.com/index.asp

Turns out, we got a few racers that are model train freaks. Larry and I have known each other through the hotrods since 1981. Neither of us has ever mentioned our interest in modelling to each other before this. I guess when we were younger it was embarrassing, now that we're old farts we don't care what anyone thinks anymore....lmao.

Sid

jonathan

First weekend of the month, so our club has its open house. Got to runs trains for several hours. Woo hoo!!

Regards,

Jonathan

Trainman203

I finished two stretches of low profile tree line boards to be placed between the track and the wall.  Instant finishing off of a stretch long needing it.  Might put up a before and after picture.

ebtnut

I was at our second home near Pittsburgh.  I got almost all of the trolley line track laid down between Friday night and Sunday afternoon's worksessions.  We ran out of Code 70 flex, so I couldn't lay in the reverse loop, and need 3 more turnouts and some flex to finish the carbarn and yard tracks.  The trolley main line now extends some 40 feet from loop to loop, and their is a loop of girder rail for the street trackage in the city area as well.  Overhead wire is started, but I can't do the city area until the street pavements and sidewalks are in place.  The club is in McKeesport, PA.  Visitors welcome on Friday evenings.  See the club page on Facebook.