News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Arlesdale?

Started by Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow), April 21, 2015, 12:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

What scale of engines would be small enough (sorry not sure about the terminology) to "match scales" with the HO engines? Z scale?

If there is a gauge that is small enough, are there engines available (any range TBH) that have a likeness to the Arlesdale engines?

Thanks! Hoping to set up a layout that looks like what we see in SLOTLT; obviously there isn't enough info or even what the entire thing looks like to start now, but never hurts to get ahead...
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Cheeky_ULP

Bachmann doesn't even know how well the Skarloey range will do yet, I think it's way too early to be thinking about the Small Railway.

Personally, I don't think Z scale would do them justice anyway. It's even smaller and more obscure than OO9.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Quote from: Sparks on April 21, 2015, 12:22:43 PM
Bachmann doesn't even know how well the Skarloey range will do yet, I think it's way too early to be thinking about the Small Railway.

Personally, I don't think Z scale would do them justice anyway. It's even smaller and more obscure than OO9.

I wasn't hoping for Bachmann to make them- it is a personal project...

Would Z work? They don't have to be super detailed...it's just really a stand in as part of the SLOTLT layout I'm hoping to do after the special comes out- they don't even really have to be powered....
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Anthony P2

Look up Topkazfatt on youtube. he did Rex in OOZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIled-tkQXE
He also did some Culdee Fell engines too

uscgtanker

I have not seen many 00z models or even people trying it out. figuring that the track gauge is 16" in ho it would work. the next problem is the size of the models magnifying glass anyone. however finding mechanisms for your engines will be easy. for your rolling stock you can try resign casting, it's easy to use and can be used really efficiently and cheaply.

good luck with your trial run and plans for the arlesdale narrow gauge.

clan line 35028

the Arlesdale is based off the RH&DH 15 inch gauge trains. there is no model form of that gauge anywhere. i would assume that Z gauge track will work.

MrBob

if you want them along side your bachmann HO models Z scales the only way to go, however if you want to do them to over size scale there was this i seen using a Gordon model

more info about it here:

http://gn15.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3370

jockosjungle

Does anyone think Skarloey will be followed with any others? I'm about to build a Thomas layout for my son and was going to incorporate a NG element as he loves the narrow gauge engines and Skarloey is his favourite. Not sure if it's worth the effort for just one engine though

Thomasfan39

Quote from: jockosjungle on August 15, 2015, 03:41:05 AM
Does anyone think Skarloey will be followed with any others? I'm about to build a Thomas layout for my son and was going to incorporate a NG element as he loves the narrow gauge engines and Skarloey is his favourite. Not sure if it's worth the effort for just one engine though

I think he wil because I don't think it would seem right if they don't.