News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Shays

Started by mkbradley, October 21, 2015, 08:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkbradley

I heard a rumor that Bachmann will be coming out with a new HO Shay with metal gears.  Any truth?

Thanks,
Marty

richardl

Curious. What is your source, Internet link?

Rich

rogertra

MR.  Most recent edition.

Reissuing the old Shay with metal gears.

Sorry, don't have magazine in front of me for the detail.

Roger T.

DAVE2744

Hope they mfgr enough full truck spares so everyone with the plastic gears can change over quickly.  It would also be nice if the newer trucks were a straight swap.  I think a MSRP around $25-$30 would not be unreasonable.  Mr. Yardmaster, can you pass this along to the people in charge of these kind of things?  Thanks.

mkbradley

I have not had good luck replacing the drive trains. Keep getting derailments from the trucks where they worked fine before the gears went bad.  I would gladly pay $50 for a set of new trucks with metal gears.

WoundedBear

You guys need to re-read that MR advert. What's being reissued, is the 2 truck Climax....this time with metal gears. Not the Shay.

Sid

electrical whiz kid

Would like to see a "re-issue" of that Kelly Island shay that Keystone produced; only have it made by Kader.  For those not familiar wit hit, this is a neato little two-truck shay that was actually intended to be a static model, but with a little help from NWSL, a dandy little drive system and a "flea" motor was used to create a really nice little beastie (my grand daughter's words...).  Bachmann could have this done in two versions:  HO, and HOn3.  Same bod, different trucks.

Rich C.

PS:  Yes-I have two of the originals.   In their boxes...

Bucksco

No plans to reissue HO Shays at this time.