News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Official 2015 Announcements

Started by InsideTrack, August 28, 2015, 11:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsideTrack

See what's new in HO scale!
Click below to download a PDF version of Bachmann's 2015 NMRA new product announcement brochure and a separate description of our new E-Z Command® Smart Interface.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/catalogs_brochures.php

(The brochure is a large file – high-speed Internet access is recommended.)

Please note: An error in the printed copy of the brochure has been corrected in the PDF. The N scale DCC Ready GG-1 Electric Locomotive does not contain an NMRA 8-pin plug.

NevinW

New 4-6-0s.  That is great!   I just don't know why you didn't letter them for my railroad: Bullfrog Goldfield RR.  (just kidding).  Hopefully the lettering will be relatively easy to remove. 

jonathan

The announcements are great. Love the products.

What's on display at the show? Last year, folks posted photos all over the net. Can't find a thing.  Did no one bring a camera to the show? Looking for shots of Bachmann display area.

Regards,

Jonathan

jonathan

Ok, found a YouTube video. On my iPad mini, so I don't know how to paste the link.

They had an HO 2-truck Climax. I remember lots of folks asking for a new release of this model with better gears. It will have a plug in sound module.

Funny, there was no sample of the Mikado. Oh well.

Regards,

Jonathan

rogertra

Quote from: jonathan on August 28, 2015, 09:24:52 PM

Funny, there was no sample of the Mikado. Oh well.

Regards,

Jonathan

That's all was looking forward to.  The 4-6-0 is too old for my era.  :(

Cheers

Roger T.

BaltoOhioRRfan

Disapointment again. Only one item I'll probably get out of this set of announcements, thats the old time tank car B&O, and Philidelphia & Reading. Price pending I may get some of the 40' Box cars

I was hoping to see the C&O 377 in HO Scale, and it is being done. But with DCC & Sound only...I don't do sound,  and for those wondering "why not just take the sound out?" Why pay for it if i'm not going to use it? Chances are it's not plug an play so I wont beable to re-sell the sound decoder.......seems to be a trend past couple of announcements. Some roads get DCC & Sound only while some roads get DCC Ready. I do see that a B&O 4-6-0 is being done without sound, I may get one, and use one of my two custom made ones for another road. I haven't made up my mind on that one yet.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

Irbricksceo

what I want to know is why the k4 is only returning in N, not HO. just curious.
Modeling NYC in N

ACY

Quote from: Irbricksceo on September 11, 2015, 10:32:33 PM
what I want to know is why the k4 is only returning in N, not HO. just curious.
It is not returning in N scale, it can't possibly return if it was never offered before by Bachmann in N scale. It is an entirely new product for N scale. While the K4 has been made previously by Bachmann in HO scale; this is in fact the first time it will be made in N scale by Bachmann.

johnH123

are the new 4-4-0's coming out this year? if so, when could i expect them in stores, say thefavoritespot.com

thanks!

Pacific Northern

Will Bachmann be offering both the low and high driver versions of the 4-6-0's

The low driver versions look like the 1920's steamers and the high driver versions look like the more modern steamers that lasted to the end of steam.

one of the last Canadian steam engines run in revenue service was a 4-6-0 running a mixed passenger and freight consist

Pacific Northern

J3a-614

Quote from: Pacific Northern on October 18, 2015, 07:33:41 PM
Will Bachmann be offering both the low and high driver versions of the 4-6-0's

The low driver versions look like the 1920's steamers and the high driver versions look like the more modern steamers that lasted to the end of steam.

one of the last Canadian steam engines run in revenue service was a 4-6-0 running a mixed passenger and freight consist

Actually, both engines represent locomotives from the very early 1900s that have been mondernized with outside valve gear, electric headlights, and perhaps steel cabs.  The low drivered engine actually represents a Maryland & Pennsylvania locomotive from 1905 as it would have looked from the 1930s to its retirement in the mid 1950s; the tall drivered engine is freelanced, but looks very much like a stock passenger locomotive sold to many shortlines in the Deep South at about the time (and some would have been built that way as late as the early 1920s).  A very similar looking engine from about 1906 is still operational on the Nevada Northern in the west today.

Check out this other thread, particularly after about Page 7 or so, where you will find some comments about the 4-6-0s.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,30711.0.html

rogertra

Quote from: J3a-614 on October 20, 2015, 09:43:01 PM

Actually, both engines represent locomotives from the very early 1900s that have been mondernized with outside valve gear, electric headlights, and perhaps steel cabs.  The low drivered engine actually represents a Maryland & Pennsylvania locomotive from 1905 as it would have looked from the 1930s to its retirement in the mid 1950s; the tall drivered engine is freelanced, but looks very much like a stock passenger locomotive sold to many shortlines in the Deep South at about the time (and some would have been built that way as late as the early 1920s).  A very similar looking engine from about 1906 is still operational on the Nevada Northern in the west today.

Check out this other thread, particularly after about Page 7 or so, where you will find some comments about the 4-6-0s.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,30711.0.html

I'm sorry I do not understand your comment above or is it a misunderstanding of steam loco terminology?

Are you discussing the Bachmann 4-6-0s?  If you are, they do not look like modernised engines.  They look like early 1900s engines with complete with multi-windowed cabs, 'wedding cake' steam dome and sandbox and slide valves.

As for the cylinders, all North American steam have outside cylinders, I can't think of one that ever had inside cylinders.

Yes, it does have electric headlights and marker lights but many early 1900's steam eventually carried those.

If this engine had been modified, it would have a plain steam dome and sandbox with the whistle relocated onto the boiler, it would have had its slide valves replaced by piston valves and internally it would probably equipped with superheaters.  As superheaters do not work well with slide valves, that's another reason they would have been replaced with piston valves. The multi-windowed cab would probably have been replaced with much more plain steel cab and the tender may also have been modified as well.

However, as it looks right out of the box, it would be quite suitable for a short line right up to the end of steam but a class one would have more than likely modified it between the wars.

Cheers

Roger T.