News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Spectrum E-33

Started by chessyger, June 03, 2015, 06:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Abramson

Rich:

I retired from the Housatonic as Sup't in 2012. I started on the NH in 2/68.

Rick

electrical whiz kid

So what do you do with all that spare time now?
I try to find different ways to mix bourbon...
Actually, I thought I was retired, but every day, I think I am busier than I was when I was working!

Rich C.

grandpuff

This is an update for Chessyger regarding his Bachmann E-33 list. I have been able to confirm the following information through recent purchases to complete my collection of E-33's as follows:

82402      Virginian        #135 and #140 (No cab numbers, check the lighted number boards)
82403      N&W              #235 (N&W only re-painted #235 to N&W) (N&W added 100 to the Virginian numbers)
82404      New Haven     #300 and #306
82405      Penn Central   #4605 and #4607
82406      Conrail           #4603 and #4608
82407      New Haven     #304 and ??? (There may be another number out there I have not found yet)

I hope this information is of value to anyone else interested in these very nicely detailed Bachmann Spectrum models. I have been able to pick up all of these on EBAY for less than the original price which I believe was $139.95. My experience is that the Virginian is the hardest to find, and the others are easier. I have converted all of these to DCC using NCE N12SRP decoders which fit easily. When I consist 5 or 6 of these together and run them on my layout it is an awesome sight indeed.

Grandpuff (Duke)          

Grandpuff

Len

Duke - I believe #300, #304, and #306 are it for the New Haven. I've looked, and looked hard, for a long time for any others, with no success.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

grandpuff

Thanks for the info Len. I thought that since all of the other stock numbers had two loco numbers except the N&W that 82407 might have two numbers also.

So as far as I know I now have one of each number produced.

I think that the E-33's came out around 2004, does anyone know how many years they were produced ?

I guess the only one that might be able to answer these questions would be the Bachmann ???

Grandpuff (Duke)
Grandpuff

grandpuff

I have just discovered by digging through this site that the E-33's were last cataloged in 2009 and that Bachmann still has a few of these left in stock for $99 each. As I remember, one N&W, one Penn Central, and less than five Conrails.

Grandpuff (Duke)
Grandpuff

electrical whiz kid

Hey guys;
If any of you are interested, I stumbled across a brass New Haven EP-4 on Evil-Bay yesterday.
And also-if any of you would be so inclined to modification, there is a Brasilian prototype that could be made into a reasonable facsimile of the abovementioned.  I ran across that one sometime last year.

Rich C.