News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ COMMAND WALK AROUND PORTS

Started by kh25, August 30, 2015, 08:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kh25

Hello i.m currently finishing paying off an ez command and i would like to build my own plug in ports to allow walk around capability,
what are the parts needed and how do you go about doing this? also does the ez comand have  memory to keep the train going once the wire is unplugged and plugged in the next port
thanks
mark

richardl

\Looking at the Ez Command box, everything is in there. Un plug it and the loco will stop. You will need a booster. That has the memory if I see this correctly.
My NCE Power Cab has everything in the control hand piece. I need a booster to make my hand piece movable.
Moving the control box for the Ez Command is not very percale but you can do it. You will have t move the power pack also.

Rich

Hunt

Perhaps when it becomes available an Bachmann E-Z Command Smart Interface add-on to your E-Z Command Control Center will be a workable option for you.

Squallywally

I was fortunate enough to score a walk around companion for my layout. It works very well and was disappointed when I found out that I could not get another one for multiple operators. I find one on eBay from time to time but it is always ridiculously priced. Surprisingly the walk around companion ports are still pricey in some places. They should be nearly free since they are obsolete with the discontinued status of the companion.
I am looking forward to the new interface to solve my multi operator problems however I will continue to look for a walk around companion or two to add to my system. Maybe with the interface, some of the companion owners will want to get rid of their units.

richardl

Quote from: Squallywally on August 31, 2015, 09:58:13 AM
I was fortunate enough to score a walk around companion for my layout. It works very well and was disappointed when I found out that I could not get another one for multiple operators. I find one on eBay from time to time but it is always ridiculously priced. Surprisingly the walk around companion ports are still pricey in some places. They should be nearly free since they are obsolete with the discontinued status of the companion.
I am looking forward to the new interface to solve my multi operator problems however I will continue to look for a walk around companion or two to add to my system. Maybe with the interface, some of the companion owners will want to get rid of their units.

Yeah. I have Googled the device and quite rare. They are expensive when found because sellers know some want one bad. Keeps the price high. Normal. for something in demand.

Rich