News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Profile Questions

Started by PRRThomas11, November 09, 2007, 10:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRRThomas11

Bach-Man -

I know this has nothing to do with thomas but I have beeen wondering this signed up for this forum. Whats with the profile to the right of every message. It says status: member for everyone but you. Also it has a 1 star while you have 5. Whay is that, can you rate other members?
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

Corrie Thompson

The 5 stars mean hes an Administrator. (think I spelled that right)  Yea thats what it means sure wish he'd give me that many stars.  Also whale this is here how come it always comes up that I have made 0 posts when right now I have atleast 10.
??? ??? ???

The Chaz Storm

I can answer both of your questions for you guys:

1. PRRThomas11, all members here don't really have a special ranking and pretty much all members including myself and excluding the Bach-man only get one star.  It doesn't mean that the Bach-man doesn't like us or anything like that, but knowing the Bach-man he doesn't want star ratings to get into our heads or to cause people to get angry/jealous of one another saying stuff like "HOW COME HE GETS FIVE STARS YET I ONLY GOT ONE!!!! >:(:(:'(" So I think that no matter how well the member does as in posting or reliability they still only get one star. 

2. Corrie, the posting thing is actually very similar to the stars question.  Some people on this forum can be very competitive and try to post more then all the other members including the Bach-man.  So the Bach-man basically removed that feature showing how many posts members make.  I would personally go with quality over quantity.  A good quality poster would only post when necessary and posts about a sentence or more at the most and doesn't make 500 posts with most of them like one word posts or posts with faces on them.  (I personally find that annoying and I think the Bach-man might too.) 

Now I think we got this taken care of, so back on topic on the Thomas board. ;)

Corrie Thompson

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Actually, when the new forum debuted, everyone's posts were tallied, and stars were accrued for certain numbers of posts. I bet you'd like that, huh? NOT HAPPENING! We were getting people posting back and forth with one word posts just to tote up big numbers- not what the forum is all about. I therefore turned off the count and gave everyone 1 star (member) and that was that.
It's good to be the...
Bach-man!

PRRThomas11

Ah, good idea. I hate when people send those stupid posts just for the sake of saying something.

Somewhat like this one.
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World"