News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Upcoming 2-6-0s

Started by vaderdentist, August 31, 2015, 04:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob kaplan

Will the updated 2-6-0 rely on the same two pins projecting down from the frame to keep the center drivers on the track and above the railhead so they do not drop below on sharper radii....or has another method been found.  I have the earlier model and on some LGB switches (the larger ones of course  16000)  the center wheels of the Mogul drop below the rail head....and the pins, if left in place, catch on the frog of the switch.   And count me among those that would enjoy a modernize version of this engine.   Thanks.

the Bach-man

Dear Bob,
I haven't seen a running sample yet; only paint samples.
I'll see what I can find out.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

bob kaplan

Thank you Mr. B.   It would be appreciated.

StanAmes

Quote from: bob kaplan on July 06, 2016, 02:04:01 PM
Will the updated 2-6-0 rely on the same two pins projecting down from the frame to keep the center drivers on the track and above the railhead so they do not drop below on sharper radii....or has another method been found.  I have the earlier model and on some LGB switches (the larger ones of course  16000)  the center wheels of the Mogul drop below the rail head....and the pins, if left in place, catch on the frog of the switch.   And count me among those that would enjoy a modernize version of this engine.   Thanks.

The new 2-6-0 has a lot of new features and is basically a new locomotive.  The center driver uses the same approach as the C-19

The center driver is fully sprung.  In order to get around tight radius curves, there is a spacer on the bottom cover plate that lifts the driver so that it is just touching the rail.  The locomotive will actually go around R1 curves but since the center driver still touches the rail it will short going over R1 turnouts if the rail is powered as the center driver will touch the powered diverging rail on the turnout.

For larger curves  >5 ft radius, the spacer can be removed from the center driver which adds a little more traction as the spring on the center driver is now functional.

Hope that helps

Stan

bob kaplan

that sounds encouraging.....thank you.
bob