Williams PRR Tuscan GG! #41794

Started by bobbyzx, September 02, 2015, 03:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbyzx

My GG1 runs at too low of voltage so the horn will not work unless I put it in neutral and raise the voltage to 8 or more. Please tell me what to do so it will operate at normal speed at 8 volts so the horn will operate while the engine is running. This would also allow the headlight to operate brighter.

Thanks

Bob

Bucksco

Hello. Your email address was removed from your post for your security. You should never post personal information in plain sight on the internet - not something you should ever do!

In regard to your loco please contact the Bachmann Service department during normal operating hours and they will be happy to help out.
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/service.php

Hi bobbyzx,

Change the internal motor wiring from parallel to series. This will allow the engine to run at a more controlled lower speed for a given voltage. It will run slower at a higher track voltage setting. This will allow the horn/bell to sound at the higher voltage, yet allow the loco to run at a lower speed.

I believe that Joe Satnik has a posting on this site for that wiring diagram.