News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

QSI Titan Q2-FX, C-19, and Lenz question

Started by Ted Yarbrough, September 20, 2015, 02:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted Yarbrough

Friends,
I three Bachmann C-19s with the QSI board installed. I am using the Lenz set 100. I can 'program on the main' some features. Two such features are STV and MAX. I can not read the decoder as Lenz system suggest. Anyway, my question is this. What is the value that should be entered into these two settings to make them all perform similar and possible do a double header? As the run now, all three start and run  at different speeds on the same throttle number. So again, what value are you putting in for these two to get good smooth performance and realistic speed.
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

Kevin Strong

All things being equal, I'd presume that if you set the startup voltage (CV2) and max speed (CV5) to the same setting on all three locos, and all three were using the same speed curve (CV6), then since they're all the same locomotive, they should run the same.

I've got the QSI boards in a few of my locos, but not the C-19. I've got the Revolution installed in that one. Based on those settings, however, I'd probably shoot for CV2 = 15, and with a 15volt supply, I'd say CV5 = 180. These are roughly the values for the QSI boards in my other Bachmann locos, but that's probably more coincidence. If your track voltage is higher, maybe CV2 = 10 and CV5 = 150.

Also, make sure all three are set to either "regulated" or "standard" throttle control. (CV56.4). It doesn't matter much which one, but all three need to be set to the same one. Regulated ("RTC", CV56.4=1) is preferred because that gives you finer slow-speed control, however, you may have to play with the various PID parameters to find ones that give smooth slow-speed operations. Setting CV56.4 = 0 (STC) is a much more generic control, but may not be as jerky at slow speeds.

Later,

K