News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann announces a DCC-Sound GG1 for 2016

Started by spookshow, August 28, 2015, 09:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokemoto

B-mann offers it with stuff the Kato ain't got.   Factory decoder and factory sound.  The debates do rage about Bachmann's factory decoder, but, if ya' cain't install no deecoder yerself and a decoder you must have, it is there.

The big one for me is the four axle standard coaches.  Ain't nobody what does them now.  They are not showing a "painted/unlettered", so, I guess that if I want a Pittsburgh and Lake Erie, I will have to buy the NYC and hope that erasing the lettering will not take the base coat with it.  I am happy to see B&O in Blue and Grey instead of the Pullman Green that came with the doodlebug.   I have a few of the MT, already, and even have a few of those re-numbered.   The MTs are based on a B&O prototype. Add the Bachpersonns, and I can retire my RR HW coaches.   Does anyone here know on what B-mann's are based?

........now, if only B-mann would make available a combine in this. 

Re-issuance of the Northwestern based shorties would not be bad for many, either.  It would allow those who must confine themselves to pikes with sharp curves to run a passenger train, or two. 

Overall, I can not complain about the B-mann announcements.

inkaneer

Maybe by doing the GG1 Bachmann is sending a message to Kato to stick with western roads.

J1M

Does anyone know if the GG-1 will have an operating (conducting) pantograph?
The HHP-8 has a switch to enable / disable the pantograph.
Will the GG-1 be similar?

Also odd that Bachmann says the GG-1 is their first electric.  I believe the HHP-8 was their first.

spookshow

Don't forget the Metroliner (1969), E60CP (1984), and Acela Express (2006). Lots of electrics in Bachmann's past (although only the HHP-8 had current-conducting pants).

Cheers,
-Mark