News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-6-6-6

Started by trainmainbrian, September 27, 2015, 09:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainmainbrian

I am looking for a 2-6-6-6 Steamer.... All the ones I been looking at are on the Pricy side.... Does Bachmann make this engine & what road names... Looking for it in DCC & Sound & cost..... Thanks
If your not thinking of Model Railroading each day you must be having a bad day.....& do not leave your mind @ the station...

ACY

Quote from: trainmainbrian on September 27, 2015, 09:00:51 AM
I am looking for a 2-6-6-6 Steamer.... All the ones I been looking at are on the Pricy side.... Does Bachmann make this engine & what road names... Looking for it in DCC & Sound & cost..... Thanks
Bachmann does not make and has never made a 2-6-6-6 Allegheny/Blue Ridge in any scale.
In HO scale there are only two options: Mike's Train House (MTH) and Rivarossi. The MTH version has a MSRP of $650 but can be found online on sale for as low as $550. The MSRP of the Rivarossi version is $600 and it can be found online as low as $475 online. Keep on mind these prices do not include shipping and handling or sales tax.
The older non-DCC (no sound) version of the Rivarossi locomotive can be found for a more economical price in the vicinity of $200-$250.

Now if you would be interested in other large articulated locomotives then perhaps you would consider the Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-8-4 B&O EM-1 or the Bachmann Spectrum C&O 2-6-6-2 with the Vanderbilt tender. The EM-1 with the optional sound module can be found for around only $300 so quite a bit less than the competitors listed above. The C&O 2-6-6-2 with sound can be found for around $250-300, which is also more reasonable thanNTH or Rivarossi.

GN.2-6-8-0

Think you'll find both the Bachmann articulateds to be fine running locomotives, might not have quite the tractive effort of the others but not far off. For the difference in price you can have 2 of the 2-6-6-2s lol
If I have to nit pick the sound module for the EM1 does not have the correct whistle that the full Tsunami sound decoder comes with.
Rocky Lives