News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Black DRG On30 Stock cars

Started by JBingisser, September 30, 2015, 01:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBingisser

I'm looking for DRG black stock cars and have a hard time locating some. When will you come out with some?

Woody Elmore

I have the Grandt Line On3 C&S model which is similar to D&RGW cars. It dwarfs Bachmann On30 cars. They'll need to find a smaller prototype. You'll find that most of the On3 models are very big next to Bachmann or other On30 cars.

Sherwood

Bachmann did offer their stock car in a black D&RGW version some time back, Item 27518.  I bought a few to go with a BLI C-19.  They look fine with it, older smaller cars did mix with the later larger D&RGW cars but these are quite small by late D&RGW 3 foot guage standards.  Also see http://drgw.blogspot.com/2008/07/on30-stock-car.html where the author bought some of the new cars, added larger letter boards, painted them black and added San Juan Decals.  I intended to run a San Juan On3/30 long caboose but it progably would look out of place with only bachmann cars.  I am still working on a kitbash of an original Bachmann caboose to roughly represent a D&RGW "short caboose", with Grandt Line window castings intended for the actual car and a new cupola.