News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Arrivals

Started by the Bach-man, October 03, 2015, 10:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Bach-man

Dear All,
The USRA 2-8-2s and Climaxes have arrived and will be shipping shortly.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

jonathan

Woo-Hoo!  Thanks!

Regards,

Jonathan

RAM

Bach-man said that they would be shipping out shortly.  So done run down to you Hobby store at eight Monday morning asking it the 2-8-2 has come in yet.

J3a-614

Well, I don't expect to be at the hobby shop that soon, but I am wondering when photos of the actual engines in their variations will be up.  Anything on that front?

Len

Quick, get the defribillator! My heart about came to a screeching halt when I saw those prices. Was someone looking at an O-gauge price list when they posted that??

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Bucksco

Easy there Len. Those are suggested retail prices (MSRPs). We all know that retailers discount those prices 30 to 40 percent on average.....

Irbricksceo

Quote from: rogertra on October 04, 2015, 09:57:21 PM
Quote from: Len on October 04, 2015, 08:07:08 PM
Quick, get the defribillator! My heart about came to a screeching halt when I saw those prices. Was someone looking at an O-gauge price list when they posted that??

Len

And they're not even up to Spectrum standards.   :(

Roger T.

I think people really need to stop with the "spectrum standards" thing. Fact is, these run just as well as the Spectrum Locos, and are actually fairly well detailed. They have more detail than the spectrum mountain.  Yes, they aren't coated in the level of detail some higher end models have but imagine the price of models in that tier. At the prices those would run, they wouldn't sell nearly as well. The majority of the Market are people who either wouldn't care about that detail, or people who can add it themselves. I personally don't fall into either group but again, I said majority. Bachmann has to play to that majority.

As for the price, things just keep getting more expensive. Its not enjoyable, but its true.
Modeling NYC in N

ebtnut

Glad they're here.  Mine's coming from Micro-Mark, so I expect it'll take a few weeks to arrive.  It will be nice to have something to run during the club's open houses during the hoidays.  I'm gonna pick a nit, though.  I see that one of the selections is lettered for Southern 4501.  That loco pre-dated the USRA, though it is fairly close.  However, the prototype has the Cole trailing truck, not the Delta.  Should be easy enough to swap out, though. 

Bucksco

The Southern version has the proper trailing truck.

electrical whiz kid

Brick;
I go with what you say; although, as probably like yourself, I have been doing this stuff for a number of years, so (hopefully) have picked up enough savvy to usually look at what I have on hand, and decide to build, rebuild, modify, etc.; to my satisfaction.

I may pick up a Mike, or not.  I have a few-including an old Mantua that had been given twice it's original weight in brass castings.  Pulls like a Georgia mule!

Rich C.

ryeguyisme

I for one and happy that Bachmann is coming out with more steam locomotives, when other Manufacturers are either omitting them or putting them on the back-burner for limited runs only. I can't wait to get my hands on a few of these for Kitbash fodder I have planned.  (other mikado chassis's I've used  left a bit to be desired)

Rick Abramson

Bach-man:

Any idea when the corrected Dulux Gold single stripe GG1 will be re-released?
Looking forward to it.

Thanks

ebtnut

Mr. Yardmaster:  I've frankly been out of the loop on DCC and sound apart from occasional operations on friend's layouts.  What, if any, sound options are going to be available from the Sound Value Mike running on straight DC?  I hope to be able to run the loco on our club layout for the holiday open houses, and having sound would be a crowd-pleaser. 

Bucksco

You will not be able to trigger independent sounds such as the whistle, bell or steam blow off unless you run it in DCC. You will have chuffing sound and if you know someone with a DCC controller you can set the whistle to blow and the bell to ring when you start the train moving.