Getting a new Lake & Russia Iron from Bachmann

Started by bcochran, October 13, 2015, 06:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcochran

I sent my Eureka and Palisades 4-4-0 that had the wiring disconnected and a broken cross head guide to Bachmann. I got a call today from Bachmann and was told they could not fix the cross head guide and that it was further damaged in shipping. So they offered me a brand new engine if I paid $75 mostly for shipping.
I agreed but sure will miss the Eureka model since I spent an afternoon with the real one.

Loco Bill Canelos

bcochran,

Sorry you did not get your Eureka back, but what a great deal on the replacement loco for only $75.

Enjoy the new loco!!

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

crb

Bummer!  :(  Will they send it back to you so you can at least look at it?  Glad to hear that they are giving you a good deal on a new one though!  Great customer service!  :)
Chris :)
Train newbie, faerie garden oldie

bcochran

Quote from: crb on October 14, 2015, 02:39:59 PM
Bummer!  :(  Will they send it back to you so you can at least look at it?  Glad to hear that they are giving you a good deal on a new one though!  Great customer service!  :)

I don't think they are going to send it back.  I didn't ask but that would be cool just as a shelf model

Loco Bill Canelos

Couldn't hurt t ask, even if you had to pay just a little more shipping!
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Chuck N

Your getting a different engine is an alert for anyone sending a car or engine in for repair.  It is a good idea to remove any after market additions you have put on your unit.  There is a chance you will receive a different, but similar unit.

Chuck