News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Expert Needed

Started by lirrman, October 15, 2015, 02:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lirrman

I need to repair a U36B auto-train with the older 8 wheel drive chassis - the heavy one.  I'm finding a lot of U36B and GP40 (same chassis) locomotives on e-bay but rarely does the seller show the engine with the shell off or even the bottom of the locomotive so I'm not able to identify the chassis I need to salvage parts.  Is there a way to identify the type of motor/chassis from the box number, if it's the original box, or engine number on the side of the cab or some other way?

jbrock27

Quote from: lirrman on October 15, 2015, 02:05:46 PM
rarely does the seller show the engine with the shell off or even the bottom of the locomotive

These are questions that you could and should ask of the Seller.  If they give you some phony reason for not being able to, I suggest you move along.  I have found the more up front and honest Sellers will do just as you ask or have already posted pics of the underside.  To my understanding, there is no reason why they cannot have already done so, so I look to their reasons being either from laziness, dishonesty or they have no clue about what they are selling and have mis(falsely?) advertised the item.  Some seem to know just enough about makes that command higher prices but conveniently don't know how to identify such items.  It can be tedious and a joke at times to shop there, but will diligence and some smarts, can pay off.

Good luck :)
Keep Calm and Carry On