Bachmann spectrum 0-6-0 DCC saddle tank engine

Started by trainboys14, October 17, 2015, 09:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainboys14

This engine will not work on the DCC track or DC. Light will go on but will not run forward or backward... tried other engines they work fine. is it locked up? or what?

thanks!  thomas j

richardl

Do a decoder reset. CV 8, enter 8. Cycle power. It should run on DC and DCC address 3.
Pretty simple. Here is the diagram and you can see the decoder is attached to the PC board. I have this loco.
It does say DCC ready but Bachmann is not always accurate with diagram labelling.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/HO_0-6-0_Saddle_Tank_Switcher_DCC_Ready.pdf

Gear train is reliable.

Rich

ACY

Most likely a decoder related issue. As mentioned above.

trainboys14

first time doing this.. How do you do this? CV 8 enter 8?

thanks

Hunt

thomas j,

What DCC system are you using?

If you are using a Bachmann E-Z Command Control Center,  it does not support programming by user supplied CV number.  Thus you cannot use it to program CV 8 with a value of 8, which causes the decoder to reset all its CVs to their default value.

If you are using a Bachmann E-Z Command Control Center  --

Carefully follow the procedure REPROGRAMMING DECODERS WITH PREVIOUSLY ASSIGNED DIGITAL ADDRESSES for locomotive's digital address is a number higher than 10, page 3 of the E-Z COMMAND Setup and Programming Instructions.  This procedure changes a few of the decoder's CVs, which may get the locomotive to respond as it should.

richardl

Ok on the reset. I had a couple messages from the Bachmann site that mentioned CV8, enter 8. One by the Bach-Man. No mention of the EZ Command though. I did bookmark this thread. Thanks.

Rich