News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ COmmand question

Started by Linzthom, October 17, 2015, 08:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linzthom

I am a complete illiterate when it comes to dcc. I don't understand what a CV is.

I want to change the whistle sounds on one of my Heislers to make them easier to recognise.

How does one do this with an EZ Command controller? What buttons do I need to push? I have looked and looked on the instruction sheets  but I can't find how to do this.

or can I do this?

TIA
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

Hunt

The value in the decoder's CV 115 Whistle Selection, controls the whistle sound used.

The Whistle Selections are
   B&O 3 Chime (Default,   CV 115 =  0
   Peanut Whistle,             CV 115 =  1
   D&RGW Single Chime,   CV 115 =  2

Bachmann E-Z Command Control Center does not support programming by user supplied CV number.  Thus you cannot use it change whistle selection.

Hunt

Quote from: Linzthom on October 17, 2015, 08:11:00 PM
I am a complete illiterate when it comes to dcc. I don't understand what a CV is.

. . .
TIA

Click Here    Starting on page 6 is one of the better tutorials available about the DCC decoder's CV - Configuration Variable and programming it.

Linzthom

Right, Hunt. Thanks for that. So EZ Command is only good for default, as supplied, dcc. Ah, well.  :-\ :-\ :-\
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

jrl2442

Hunt, thanks so much for that link.   have looked all over and never could find it, but it is exactly what i need at the moment.

thanks

jim
atlanta