What I would Like to See in William's by Bachmann

Started by BobbyDing, November 13, 2007, 12:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobbyDing

All previous William's product offered in 3 and 2 rail. Both come out of the box running conventional, but with plugs/slots inside to easily install Digital Command and/or SOUND as upgrades (also available from Bachmann) as I can afford to do so.

DCC for 3 rail (AC) would be neato. I'd buy it, as long as upgrades were also available for me to upgrade most (if not all) of my other older AC locos at a reasonable price.

Just fantasizing.  ;) ;D

Bobby

the Bach-man

Thanks, Bobby, for your suggestions.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

jsmvmd

Dear Friends,

I just did a quick search for battery power in O gauge and came up with an amazing hit.

http://www.trains.com/TRC/CS/forums/1/745611/ShowPost.aspx

For me, I am going to do R/C with battery power in LS, and am now thinking about it for O.  This link shows an economical and good way to do it.

So, is this relevant to this thread?  Perhaps not, but for the adventurous person, one may want to consider this as an intriguing option to track power.

The Williams by Bachmann line could work beautifully with this.

Best Wishes,

Jack

John Brennan

I would like to see Bachmann do the following in the Williams line:

-locos and rolling stock in the armed forces liveries (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard)

-locos and rolling stock in the Long Island Rail Road (not a typo, that's how they spell it) liveries

-ore cars in all the liveries that Williams presently uses

-gondolas with (cheap?) loads (ie pipes, beams, barrels, canisters, whatever)

It would be really, REALLY nice to get some news, any news from you folks on what is happening and what (in the broadest of terms) is going to happen to our beloved Williams line. Thank you for your time.

zhyachts

Traditional sized O-31 China RR engines and cars.  Maybe one of the Mikados with some green ribbed passenger cars followed by some freight.

Scale size is too large for Chinese homes.

International market is there and a massive Chinese market is waiting.

Uncle Bill's Railroad World
Zhuhai, China
(86) 1370 231 8640

mike d

I would like to see....

1) New road numbers on locos. The last few runs had the same cab numbers. Mr. H. said that was because they didn't want to change the picture on the web site. Nothing personal, but that is a weak excuse when all you have to do is put a little text under the picture that reads; "road number may differ from that shown". I haven't bought any more Williams locos because I can't get any with a new cab number. Please reconsider your position, I want more locos, but I will not buy any with duplicate road numbers.

2) The dome on the scale streamliner dome cars put on the correct end of the car. Yes, it is on the wrong end, a mistake in the tooling that was caught too late.

3) The cab roofs on the U.P. GP-9s painted gray like they are supposed to be. I don't know why they are not gray. I have never seen a prototype U.P. loco with a yellow roof.

4) Run the coaches for the scale streamliners as a separate sale item. I want some more coaches.

5) Rerun the scale heavyweight combines and pullmans as separate sale items. I want a combine and a pullman or two.

6) Parts available when I need them directly from Bachmann. Not the phone number for someone else that parts out products. The unavailability of parts from Williams was a main gripe I had with them.

cpkoltz2002

Mike D made a good point.The Chinese Red Burlington and Milwaukee Road GP9's had the same problem.The Burlington had gray all the way down the cab.I know because I own one.The Milwaukee had either black or orange painted down the cab.

Custom Mike

I think that Bachmann/Williams needs to tap the market in different ways than the competition.  I think Bachmann knows that Williams has a niche of lower cost trouble free offerings.  Why not stick with that philosophy and work towards enhancing their product line a liitle bit at a time. So the end result can be good detailed offerings with the flexibility to have the customer upgrade or to leave it simple, again leaving the decision up to the customer and keep the price down by not going overboard on technology.

I have purchased Bachmann items in HO as I feel this is the philosopy they use.  It attracted me as a customer!

DominicMazoch

What would be great are those new hybird and/or genst switchers that are bein used now.  Trucks/motors for the model could ude the ones on f7's, GP's, BL's.

DominicMazoch

Also, an SW and GE switcher in Southern Pacific!

mike d

Well, it looks like one of the things I want is going to be released! The scale streamliner two-car coach add-on's will be out this summer. I have two sets pre-ordered.  ;D It happened a lot sooner that I thought it would. Thanks Bachmann. Keep it up.

OGReditor

Quote from: John Brennan on January 17, 2008, 10:52:38 PM
I would like to see Bachmann do the following in the Williams line:

-locos and rolling stock in the armed forces liveries (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard)

As one who is interested in constructing an Army depot line in 3-rail, I definitely would like to see a GEEP in Army livery--preferably red with yellow lettering.

I think--and hope--that Williams will approach things at a measured pace (I'm pretty sure they will).  All of us have our own lists of "wants", but Bachmann certainly has to look at the bigger picture and keep costs in line.  I'm hoping they will eventually pursue the starter set market with complete sets because my personal feeling is that they can offer one heck of a competitive product in that market.

ogauge47

I want the SD45s to have the fuel tanks flipped around. The torpedo tube is facing the short hood, in real life it is the other way around. I also want the SD90's to have an EMD fuel tank and more modern EMD-ish trucks.

Dusten Barefoot

I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten