News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Service complaint

Started by DanB03867, October 31, 2015, 05:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanB03867

I recently sent in an engine for service.  I purchased the engine on 10/8/2015 from my local hobby shop.  Did not test run the engine before buying - my mistake.  When I finally got around to trying it out on 10/10 and it didn't run very good or for very long (12 feet total).

After reading the requirements to service an engine I looked for my receipt which I couldn't find so I went back to my hobby shop with the engine and got a duplicate receipt.

Submitted a service request on 10/23 and once I had the return authorization I packed the purchase receipt under the return authorization inside the engine box and mailed the package on 10/24.

On 10/30 I received a call from the service department that the engine was not repairable and to replace it was going to cost me $55.  I stated that the purchase receipt was packed with the engine and the response was that there was no receipt.

Arguing didn't help so I paid for the replacement engine. 

What do I need to do to get a refund on an engine that I have had for less than a month?

Can provide RO NO on request.

Dan Boucher

Bucksco

Dan,
Your locomotive is covered for replacement for one year from date of purchase if you fill out the warranty card and send it. After the first year the product is covered by a limited lifetime warranty for repair or replacement if you pay a service fee. Your first option is to return the product to the retailer, second would be to send the loco to Bachmann with a "Copy" of your receipt keeping the original for your records (Bachmann requires proof of the date of purchase). Third would be to pay the service fee and have the item repaired or replaced. We are sorry that you are having an issue with one of our products but these are the required steps involved in a return/repair situation. Any questions or concerns need to be directed to the Service department manager in order to be reconciled.