Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Generic Wishlist for 2016

Started by trainyardjp, November 02, 2015, 01:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainyardjp

JP of Acton MA, USA writes,

To all O Scale modelers -

This is the "Generic" Wishlist for 2016.
Here, you can post anything you want, including suggestions for Bachmann / WBB, regarding products that you want to see produced.
"The sky is the limit" with this wish list.

Keep in mind that I am not an employee of the Bachmann / WBB company, and I am not associated in any way with the Bachmann / WBB company, so comments and suggestions should be directed to "3 Rail" or "The Bachmann"
-JP
-JP

Garfield

GP 30 in Chessie System
FP45 in Kool Aid

4449 in American Freedom Train colors

tomplatten

Modify the tenders of steam locomotives, in general, so they can be changed to oil tenders!

phillyreading

How about a work caboose or a bay window caboose?
Bachmann H.O. has them, so why not O gauge?

Lee F.

Mister Lee

Passenger cars: If Bachmann ever decides to make a WBB "old time" (19th century) passenger car set, may I suggest:

a relatively short coach with truss rods

a relatively short baggage-mail car

a relatively short combine

But PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T make them look like Lionel's "General"/Civil War set.

I am old enough to remember the two wooden passenger cars the AT&SF used to use whenever it displayed the Cyrus K. Holiday steam locomotive in the early 1960's. I don't know if a three-rail model of either car could make it around an O-31 curve, but they looked nice!

Diesels:

At the risk of being boring, I am again going to suggest a CF-7 (the Santa Fe rebuilds) and a U-18B.

Mister Lee

The O gauge three-rail club I belong to had a bull session Monday night and one of their complaints was that a lot of Bachmann's E-Z street autos looked boxy and unattractive. And for 1950's autos, they've got a point.

May I suggest that Bachmann chooses something more attractive that might fit over an E-Z street auto frame, like a mid-to-late 1930's era sedan (It wouldn't have to be one of the Big Three's period designs; it could be something made by one of the auto makers that have since gone belly-up)? Another alternative would be a 1930's or 1940's "woody" type station wagon. A third avenue of exploration might be a 1930's or 1940's panel delivery truck.

None of these designs HAVE to be exact copyright-infringing fine-scale copies of existing models. I suspect that a lot of us would settle for something that looks realistic that somebody could have built (But didn't, at least in our universe).