News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Replacing Chassis

Started by stant52, December 06, 2015, 04:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stant52

I have a White Christmas set #90023 with 4-6-0 locomotive  from a long time ago & the side rails/coupling rods are not aligned proper because the pins came loose . I was never able to repair it myself & one pin is partially broken. It's been in the box waiting for someone to repair it .
   I just found this site. I was ready to mail it in for repair when I saw the #90025 chassis available for order.
Will this fit my #90023 locomotive ??  I don't think I would have any problem swapping chassis.
Thank you in advance & Merry Christmas !

Loco Bill Canelos

HI Stant52,

Yes the 90025 chassis will fit your 90023 locomotive.  The other good news is the 90025 chassis is way better than the original 90023 chassis, because it is the latest Big Hauler Version 5 chassis, which is very reliable when taken care of.  The only differences may be the paint colors on the wheels and possibly the steam chests.  Look closely at the enlarged picture of the 90025 chassis and compare it with your 90023 to see any color differences.  If the colors do not matter then go ahead and order with confidence it will fit just fine.

Hoping your repair goes well and you have a great holiday season to enjoy it!!

Loco Bill

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!