News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Heavyweight Passenger Cars

Started by Zug, November 10, 2015, 09:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zug

I have three Bachmann heavyweight cars that make a screeching noise when rolling.  It sounds like the wheels need lubricated, but I have done that and the noise continues.  Any suggestions?

jbrock27

Hold off on "lubricating" for now.

What are the trucks and the wheel-sets made of?
Keep Calm and Carry On

Zug

Trucks are metal, wheel sets plastic.

jbrock27

Thanks for getting back.

The metal trucks rule out using a truck tuner in them.  You can use graphite powder, like you can find at the hardware store to put into a lock (you don't need to have to buy Kadee graphite) and put some in the truck journals as a lube.  But, let me ask, how do the axles and the wheel sets themselves look?  Any noticeable flaws or bends?  Also, what happens if you turn the cars upside down and hold the truck while giving the wheel-sets a spin?  Also, do they make the same noise?
Keep Calm and Carry On

bapguy

Are these the newer ones? If so the trucks should be plastic and the wheels metal. Do the wheels make noise all the time or only when going around a curve. If only on the curve what radius? If a tight radius, the wheels could be rubbing the body some where .   Joe

jbrock27

Quote from: bapguy on November 10, 2015, 01:31:32 PM
Are these the newer ones? If so the trucks should be plastic and the wheels metal.

Joe

???  Since he already answered that the trucks were metal and the wheels plastic, is there a reason to not take him at his answer?
Keep Calm and Carry On