Facelift Annie (Cat No. 91601) - Cab Removal

Started by Don Gilham, November 17, 2015, 05:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Gilham

To save me breaking things with my huge fingers  ;D, please could someone tell me how to remove the cab from my "facelift"  Annie ?

(That's the one with metal gears - as all large scale locos should always have been, Bacchy ! )

Loco Bill Canelos

Don,

Remove body from chassis, then remove all parts fitting into the front of the cab to allow it to tilt forward( grab irons, handrails etc.)  Then the cab lifts(tilts) up from the rear and slides out of the tabs on the walks.

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Seaboard Air Line Fan

I would bag and tag all parts you remove, heck, I even took photos (turned out to be a good idea).

Bob D.

Don Gilham

Bill, sorry to be a pain (again) but please could you tell me -  how does the body come off the chassis on the facelift Annie ?

Loco Bill Canelos

No problem Don,

Here is a sequence of taking it apart. It is extracted courtesy of George Sheyer form his web page:

"Pry the pilot support rods from the sides of the smoke box
        Remove two screws under the cab
        Remove two screws from the sides of the boiler near the lower center of the boiler
        Remove the long screw under the cylinder saddle
        Remove four screws from under the air tanks. The tanks will fall off."

Reassemble in reverse order.  You can keep the exploded diagram handy for reference as you go.  To get the cab off you still need to remove anything keeping the cab from tilting forward( handrails etc.

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Don Gilham

As always - thanks Bill :)  I've actually sent for a different body, instead of bastardizing the cab.  It'll look much neater and match my  existing Annie :)