STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2019, 01:50:32 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  N
| | |-+  N Scale GP40 Goes Way too Fast
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: N Scale GP40 Goes Way too Fast  (Read 2157 times)
Lds760

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2015, 10:28:54 PM »

Sorry, total newbie, but I have an N Scale Freightmaster set that came with a CEC wall pack with speed controller.  The thing flies around the track at the slowest setting and barely changes if I turn the knob.  How can I slow it down?  Thanks.
Desertdweller

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 06:19:50 PM »

Unless you want to return the whole set, you will need to isolate the problem.  It sounds to me like the problem is in your speed controller, not the locomotive.  See if you can borrow another N-scale locomotive and see how it performs.  If it runs too fast also, the problem is in your speed controller.

Another way would be to hook a voltmeter to the rails to see what amount of voltage your pack is putting out at different throttle settings.  I'd say you probably have a defective throttle.

Les
gatrhumpy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 06:46:34 PM »

Sorry, total newbie, but I have an N Scale Freightmaster set that came with a CEC wall pack with speed controller.  The thing flies around the track at the slowest setting and barely changes if I turn the knob.  How can I slow it down?  Thanks.

You probably have the track connected to AC power. Connect it to the DC power, and it should work properly.
Desertdweller

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 12:59:46 PM »

I disagree.  If you hooked the rails to the AC side, the loco would just sit and hum and burn out.

Les
spookshow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 09:15:03 AM »

I disagree.  If you hooked the rails to the AC side, the loco would just sit and hum and burn out.

You are correct.

Cheers,
-Mark

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: