News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Brand new Dynamis problem

Started by Minikiller, November 21, 2015, 01:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minikiller

I just purchased a new Dynamis system to use with a Holliday train I am setting up. I plugged in the base and turned on the controller after wiring everything per the instructions. The fmgreen light on the base just continues to flash fast and there is no signal strength shown on the controller. I have replaced batteries, reset controller, plugged in base in another room on a surge protector that cleans the signal and still get the same result? Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Hunt

Remove power from the command station then unplug and carefully  reseat the Receiver with the Command Station.

Dynamis is a wireless DCC system using infrared so line-of-sight must be maintained for the system to work.
  •  When powering up the Dynamis system always turn on the command station first and then turn on the handset. Now press the Emergency Stop button so the system will synchronize.  Until you press the Emergency stop button the handset and the command station will not communicate with each other.
  •  You will get optimum performance out of the system holding the handset (transmitter) approximately one yard away from the receiver. Should work OK up to about 25 feet.

The indicator LEDs located within the receiver
   Left hand - constant on indicating power to Command Station
   Right hand - flashes on receipt of Handset signals
   Left hand flashes when STOP pressed or there is short circuit on track
   Left hand and Right hand both flash rapidly when handset not detected

Problem not resolved,  contact Bachmann Service Department
Click Here for contact information

Hunt

More . . .

Using strong light and magnification if necessary -- Check both battery compartments for damage and connectors not making good contact.  The connectors are flimsy and sometimes do not seat properly against the battery poles.

The handset quickly drains batteries.  Suggest using quality heavy duty rechargeable batteries.