Will two DCC Reverse Loop modules conflict with each other?

Started by Flare, November 21, 2015, 03:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flare

I'm making a layout with a reverse loop at each end and I would prefer not to wire the two loops together.

Will using two reversers create a conflict with each other or the controller?

(I only intend to run one train at a time on the layout.)

Thank you.

Jerrys HO

No they will not. You can wire one module for both loops if your only running one train but I prefer two modules one for each loop for running multiple trains.

bapguy

Just make sure the gaps in reverse loops are longer then the longest train you intend to run. If not you will run into trouble. I suggest getting an electronic version of the auto reverser. The ones that use a relay will burn out over time. I went through 2 before going to the electronic one.  Joe

Flare

Quote from: bapguy on November 21, 2015, 02:31:34 PM
Just make sure the gaps in reverse loops are longer then the longest train you intend to run. If not you will run into trouble. I suggest getting an electronic version of the auto reverser. The ones that use a relay will burn out over time. I went through 2 before going to the electronic one.  Joe

I assume by 'gap length' you're referring to the length of the isolated section?    That shouldn't be an issue since I intend to place the insulators directly on the turnout pieces.

Are the Bachmann DCC auto reversers 'electronic' or do they use relays?

Jerrys HO

They are electronic and if you don't feel like cutting into your EZ track (if you are using it) you can get the power terminal insulated gap track piece that makes it easy to install the auto reverse module.

Flare