can (HO) chuggington pull thomas rolling stock?

Started by pjsdad, November 21, 2015, 09:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjsdad

Its annoying enough dealing with three different coupler styles on the layout already.
What style does the chuggington series use?

Kemptown Branch

Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

Jacob Wilson

The Bachmann Chuggington HO Range uses the same couplings as the Bachmann Thomas & Friends HO Range. All OO/HO have different styles like standard and NEM, but it all couplers up together. That's the beautiful thing about model railways; As long as it is OO or HO Gauge, it doesn't matter who the product is manufactured by, it all still couples up.

Titanic5972

That's not necessarily true Jacob. Some of the more expensive manufacturers products are not compatible. Some of them use Kadee style Buck eye couplings, some use Roco style close couplings. Some even use scale screw couplings.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Titanic5972 on November 22, 2015, 11:51:29 PM
That's not necessarily true Jacob. Some of the more expensive manufacturers products are not compatible. Some of them use Kadee style Buck eye couplings, some use Roco style close couplings. Some even use scale screw couplings.

Maybe it is not, but most of it does couler up together. Everything I have bought in my life in OO and HO Gauge has coupled up together.