News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ON30 Village Street Car

Started by TomStrentz, November 25, 2015, 12:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomStrentz

Several years ago I purchased the Village Street car set 25009/25011.  I lost the power cord.  I finally found a power cord that works at a computer repair place.  However, the light in the trolley does not come on and it will not auto reverse.  Yet, when I turn the trolley around it proceeds backwards, hits the end and does not reverse.  Can someone tell me how to correct this problem?  Thanks. 

etwiggar

I had a similar issue.  It turns out I had the reversing track reversed.  The Trolley would only travel in one direction, hit the end section and just stop.  The light might be voltage supply issue?  The plug might fit, but is it the same supply voltage?  I can check when I'm home tonight and see what the wall XF is rated at if you'd like.

Hunt

Check

• Auto-reversing activator track section is correctly orientated 
  • All track used to complete the run from car barn to the auto-reversing activator track section has auto-reversing circuitry

Click Here for instructions.

TomStrentz

Thanks for your quick response.  I checked and all of the "A," are on the same side as the one in the barn.  I did not find a track identified as "The reversing track."  Does that mean I am missing a track? 

I also noticed that the trolley does not respond to the "Variable time delay controller" knob.  It moves at the same pace regardless of how far I turn the knob in either direction. 

Finally, I noticed the "bumper" has one rail joiner not two as do all the other tracks.  Could that be the problem?

Thanks again.  Tom   

TomStrentz

Thanks again and excuse my ignorance.  I just noticed the directions state two straight and four curved tracks.  I have only two of each.  I will dig around and see what I can fine.  My problem is I have moved several times since I made this purchase.

I need all the help I can get.  Tom

rhythm

Hi Tom,

With my On30 Village Street Car set, there is one piece of track that says "place at end of track next to bumper" on the underside.  This is the 'reversing' piece of track.  Underneath, where there is the thin black plastic strip covering the wiring, there is a ~2-inch section where the strip is wider than the rest of the section (there must be some additional wiring there).  In my set this is a straight piece of track.  The 'bumper' piece that it connects to is a short piece of track with no wiring, and it is of course the last piece in the line (furthest from the barn).  

Also, the variable time delay control does not change the speed of the trolley movement.  It controls the amount of time the trolley is stopped before it begins its trip back to the barn after stopping at the end point (bumper).

Lastly, my bumper piece does have rail joiners at both sides, but I don't think that matters because there's no wiring in the bumper piece.

Greg

Hunt

Underside of 9" Straight auto-reversing activator track section (also known as A-B Activating Track)