Bachmann Spectrum EM-1 HO 2-8-8-4 B&O # 7603 / 80407 DCC/SOUND "ISSUES!"

Started by cmf1965, December 04, 2015, 09:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmf1965

I purchased this loco new on eBay, 11/22/2015. It came with the 16 Bit Sound-Traxx Tsunami sound module . I can operate it on DC no issues. I have an "MRC Sound Controller 2.0", that allows me to use a "Dual-Mode" feature, and access several brands of HO sound decoders (including MTH too!)
However, I tried setting (and restoring), the loco to "factory defaults" - but no success. I get Nothing in the Dual Mode (no run/no sound), & loco will not respond in the "Standard" setting; again no run/no sound... :(
It's the "Plug-and-Play" DCC "Sound-On-Board" exclusively made for the Bachmann EM-1
This Sound-Traxx Tsunami Decoder will only work (with no access to the bell, whistle, etc.), on straight DC... :(
What gives? Is it not for "Dual Mode?"  :(
I do not have DCC on my layout...
Any help, for a solution, would be most appreciated...thanks!  :)
Regards,
Captain Mudflap

brokenrail

Go to the search files on this site.Enter EM1.I am sure you will find what your looking for.I have seen a lot of connection issues with my brothers decoder since he was afraid to press it in all the way in that he might break something witch he usually does ,but with this one he is learning to be careful.Now a little to careful,but that is ok, now since it his his stuff right.
Johnny Adam