News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

auto reverse track and DCC

Started by billgiannelli, December 04, 2015, 03:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billgiannelli

I see Bachmann offers an auto reversing track. How might this work with DCC(ie dynamis) ?
Considering a Bachmann DCC trolley....
Thanks
Bill

billgiannelli

.....or would an auto reversing module be used with DCC?
Thanks
Bill

Flare

Bachmann auto-reversing track has additional wiring underneath it that is designed for use with an auto-reversing controller included with auto-reversing starter sets (which use DC, not DCC) to power trolleys and locomotives.  Bachmann also uses Dual-Mode DCC modules that are compatible with DC operations.

The 'DCC Reverse loop module' is designed to allow a DCC-controlled train to travel through a loopback track without shorting out.  It is not meant for end-to end operation.

billgiannelli

Thanks for your answer!
Is a reverse loop module the same as a "auto reversing" module?
I understand what a reverse loop is. But i am talking about only auto reversing.
thanks
Bill

Hunt

The Bachmann Automatic Reverse Loop Module is used to switch the rail polarity where the track loops back on itself. It works with DCC only.

billgiannelli

perhaps there is a little confusion here.....
I am not talking at all about The Bachmann Automatic Reverse Loop Module.

Hunt

Bachmann auto-reversing track does not work with any DCC system. This track requires the reversing electronics available only with one of Bachmann auto-reversing sets.

billgiannelli

thank you for your answer!
So how would I do auto reversing with DCC and "standard" track?
I see other companies sell "auto reversing" modules. (NOT reverse loop)
Thanks
Bill

Flare

You don't HAVE to use DCC control for Bachmann's DCC-equipped trolleys/locomotives.  The decoders automatically switch to 'analog mode' when controlled by DC controllers like the ones included with auto-reverse sets.

Hunt

Flare,
I have not tried it, so do not know how well a dual mode DCC decoder will work with the Bachmann special wired track auto-reversing set.

Bill,
Most commonly found electronics to automatically run a train back and forth using standard track works only with DC. There are a few that will work with DCC. 

Click Here for one that is made to work with DCC.

billgiannelli

Hello all!
Thank you for all your help and information! :D
Bill