Problems changing address with ez command

Started by Tstagg, December 06, 2015, 01:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tstagg

I am unable to change the address on either of my bachmann locos.  The last time I used them they were address 1 and address 2.  Today the address 1 Loco is still working fine but the address 2 Loco is now on address 3 and it has its directions revirsed.  I've went through the steps of changing the address on both locos but neither will take a new address.  Any info would great

Hunt

The key to successful programming a locomotive's address using the Bachmann E-Z Command Control Center (Item No. 44902) is the sequence in which buttons are pressed, when a button is held down and when the button is released.

The procedure in section PROGRAMMING A LOCOMOTIVE TO A SPECIFIC ADDRESS is normally used to change address when locomotive current address is in the range 1 through 9. When experiencing problems using the normal procedure, try the procedure in section REPROGRAMMING DECODERS WITH PREVIOUSLY ASSIGNED DIGITAL ADDRESSES, page 3 in the Setup and Programming Instructions.

If needed -- Click Here for PDF of the latest version of E-Z Command Setup and Programming Instructions

Tstagg

Thanks Hunt.  They are both running prefect again now.  It also fixed the light on 1 of them.