Can a Fleischmann HO Scale DC Engine Run on Bachmann DCC?

Started by EthanTankEngine99, December 10, 2015, 01:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EthanTankEngine99

Hi, i would like to find out if a Fleischmann HO Scale DC Engine like this: https://www.reynaulds.com/products/Fleischmann/400001.aspx can run on Bachmann DCC track...
i want to buy this engine sometime, but i'm a little concerned about if it will be compatible with Bachmann DCC.
Please let me know when you have the time. thanks! :)

Len

The loco you're asking about is DCC Ready, so if you add a decoder it should work with any DCC system. The loco has a NEM 658 PluX16 socket that will accept PluX 16-pin or PluX 12-pin decoders.

If you want sound, and can figure out where to put a speaker, the ESU 56498 LokSound NEM658 PluX16 V4.0 decoder should work. A standard NEM 658 PluX 16-pin or PluX 12-pin decoder can be used if you don't want sound.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

ebtnut

Be aware that the model has the deep NEM flanges, and will only run on Code 100 rail.  EZTrack is OK, and Code 83 MIGHT be OK if the spike heads are thin enough.

EthanTankEngine99

Thanks for the advice! :)
About the decoders, how do you install it to the model?
And also my layout is powered by one E-Z track rerailer and the rest uses atlas HO Tracks. so yeah, hopefully when I purchase the locomotive in the future, it will run just fine...

Len

You just plug the decoder in the socket. NEM 658 sockets are keyed, so the decoder will only go in one way. If you're asking how to open the loco up, I have no idea. But the instructions that come with it should tell you.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.