News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sound value tone adjustment

Started by brokenrail, December 08, 2015, 03:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokenrail

I just acquired a few sound value diesels and looked over the Soundtraxx site and noticed a few things in the manner of cv adjustments that are not stated looks like some misprints where the dd40ax shows no cv51 but this it what was found that controls the beacon.
and cv 217 that deals with motor control but is not listed either.Getting to the point seems there are some literature issues.I realize there is no EQ to adjust the individual tones.Is there a type of master cv that adjust the complete tone that is some sort of secret like a few of the others ?Hard to believe there is not with digital technology.Why are there cv's like 217 that are not listed but admittedly there as stated by Soundtraxx?
Why would these be not updated so that we can get this great sound and motor control that we paid for?
Johnny Adam

Trainman203

Leaving out a lot of cv's is what  makes sound value a "value".  If you want more, you have to pay more.  I'm not happy with sound value sound but I buy engines with it to operate with at least some basic sounds until installation of a fully equipped system can be done.

Trainman203

Quote from: brokenrail link=topic=31178.msg230462#msg230462 date=
Why would these be not updated so that we can get this great sound and motor control that we paid for?
Johnny Adam
/quote]

What I read here is a desire to get great sound and motor control that you paid for.  Sound value is an extremely abbreviated package at a reduced price.  You aren't  paying for great sound, you are paying less for less sound.

The "great motor control" is still present in the form of cv's 2, 209, 210, and 212.

That's what I read.

Hunt

The Sound Value line of decoders were in existence long before SoundTraxx developed the Economi line of decoders.

Hunt

BTW -- It is known there are discrepancies between the installed decoder and its Configuration Variable Defaults PDF file. CV 51 is one example.

Bucksco

The CV listings for the Sound Value locomotives that we link to on the SoundTraxx website are accurate and up to date.